• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkness Under Cold Stones

hafrogman

Adventurer
Well, I didn't TECHNICALLY post on the 20th. But I totally read the thread and thought good thoughts for you :heh:

I'm thinking of a cleric of fire. Worshiping the elemental force as the life giver that shepards his people through the cold winter.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Lemme see...

Duskblade?
As long as the background is interesting and makes the character more than 1-dimensional...
( :p I've had too much with the bland fluff it was given in the PHII)

Spirit Shaman?
No problem...
(I think it's a bit on the weak side, but that's you)

I'm thinking of a cleric of fire. Worshiping the elemental force as the life giver that shepards his people through the cold winter.
Mighty interesting!
(Reminds me... I played a fighter with a zealous devotion to fire, he presented himself as "Cleric of the Everburning Flame", the other players asked why didn't I play a "true" cleric, 2 answers nº1: He is a TRUE cleric, nº2: I've never felt comfortable playing casters... but enough of my backflash)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Land Outcast said:
Lemme see...

Duskblade?
As long as the background is interesting and makes the character more than 1-dimensional...
( :p I've had too much with the bland fluff it was given in the PHII)

Fair enough. I'll try to overcome the source material and make him interesting. Thanks for the chance to try.

hafrogman

Adventurer
For your consideration:

Sacred Healing (PHBII, page 8).

Basically I dislike turning undead, so I want to spend one of my feats to give me something to do with the ability. If you dislike this one for whatever reason, I'll start working my way through all the divine feats :)

Land Outcast

Explorer
No problem with Sacred Healing, but... of course it goes on the type of character you plan to play, but there are other quite interesting uses for turn undead in Complete Warrior and Complete Divine... just for your consideration ;) .

Scotley

Hero
Not only is the fluff on the Duskblade weak, but the editing leaves much to be desired. No 0 level spells are on the Duskblade spell list though other text makes it clear that they get them. I'll choose some from the Wizard list, if you'd rather give me a subset I understand. As written Duskblades can use Martial but not Simple weapons. Given the nature of Duskblades ability to wear armor and cast spells the side bar of an new special material seem to be of little use. Sorry just venting. On the positive side, my background is coming well.

Land Outcast

Explorer
While looking at it the first time it puzzled me the mention of twilight armor, for that same reason.

No 0 level spells are on the Duskblade spell list though other text makes it clear that they get them.
??? er... page 24...

Duskblade spell list
0 level- acid splash, disrupt undead, ray of frost, touch of fatigue.

Ferrix

Explorer
I'll put a foot down here...

Sorry I missed your birthday been a mite busy these days. So happy birthday!

My idea is a druid of the hunt and harvest, perhaps using the alternate ability from the PHBII that gives them the predatory form and such rather than wild shape and a companion, although I'm a bit uncertain about that (will have to look it over again).

Voadam

Legend
Submitted for your consideration.

UA ape totem barbarian option for class mechanics.

The concept is a full orc warrior whose totem is the abominable snowman.

CN alignment, doesn't care at all about group or racial issues, it is individuals that he finds important. His friends are his friends and his enemies are his enemies whether they are elves or orcs, it makes no difference to him.

Voadam

Legend
Scotley said:
Not only is the fluff on the Duskblade weak, but the editing leaves much to be desired. No 0 level spells are on the Duskblade spell list though other text makes it clear that they get them. I'll choose some from the Wizard list, if you'd rather give me a subset I understand. As written Duskblades can use Martial but not Simple weapons. Given the nature of Duskblades ability to wear armor and cast spells the side bar of an new special material seem to be of little use. Sorry just venting. On the positive side, my background is coming well.

There are two listings of spells, one has the full duskblade list, one just lists the new spells from the PH II that duskblades can cast. The full duskblade list is not as easily found as the limited one though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads