DARP- The Dalish Curse

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Darkspawn!" repeats the dwarf, and his wild eyes scan the area, searching for such threat.

Trying to spot anything unusual: 2d6;1d6: 10, 3. Perception is 2.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn the Veteran

"Darkspawan here?! Let us be alert my friends!"

[sblock=Perception check 12]Roll Lookup If there is something there I think he sees it with a total of 12 and dragon die of 5.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looking about everyone notices the main farmhouse, a nearby barn, and a few small outbuildings and sheds. These buildings are all surrounded by fields, which currently lie empty save for the stubble of the recent harvest.

Nothing in the erie silence except for the distant call of the crows you sent flying. And then Ortang spots something near the farmhouse.

"Blight wolves!" comes the cry from the dwarf.

GM- "Roll for initative!" Action Time ;)

[sblock=Notes]
There are five wolves.
They are 16 yards away.
They are scary.

Wolves Dexterity[Stealth] check = 14
Go ahead and post your actions with your init and I will sort out the chaos. [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorting out the Chaos

The wolves charge forward their jaws slavaring as the trot towards the group. From the quiet air comes a bolt of energy that slices down the side of a running wolf. It ignores it and keeps running. When the pack draws closer an arrow, axe, and spear fly through the air again any wounds caused don't stop these foul darkspawn.

Garret's dog jumps out at one of the creatures and tries to sink it's teeth into the creatures shoulder while avoiding the monsters bite as well. The darkspawn are upon you all now, and you fight standing around the body of the fallen farmer.

[sblock=Combat]
Characters posted in initative order

Code:
[B][U]Character      SP   DEF   AR   HL    Condition[/U][/B]
Falos          13    11    0   25    none
Ortrang         9    12    4   37    none
bwolf1         14    12    3   [COLOR=#ff8c00]19[/COLOR]    none
bwolf2         14    12    3   [COLOR=darkorange]22[/COLOR]    none
bwolf3         14    12    3   [COLOR=darkorange]21[/COLOR]    none
Garret         10    12    3   33    none
Dog            16    12    0   15    none
bwolf4         14    12    3   25    none
bwolf5         14    12    3   25    none
Falyrn          9    13    4   35    none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
WD: Falos hit but since arcane lance is not penetrating damage the bwolves AR is deducted so damage = 4 also I don't see your mana points listed can you please find them for me and put them in your stat block ALSO WD I JUST NOTICED YOU ROLLED DOUBLES AND THAT GIVES YOU STUNT POINTS. I WILL NEED TO ADD THOSE RULES TO THE 2ND POST FOR NOW I JUST HAD YOU USE PIERCE ARMOR AND DEFENSIVE STANCE IS THAT OK JUST WANT TO SPEED THINGS ALONG.

VV: You couldn't throw the axe as you were out of range on your init, you would have need a prepare action and since you didn't aid the +1 for aim and hit anyway, I will say that was your action. Look that one over(pg. 59 PG) and the fact that throwing axes have a max range of 8 yards (pg. 42 PG)

not done need to roll IC then be back EDIT: darn it the wolves aren't in range to attack charging here is way different than D&D so I'll save these rolls and get back to the action: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2606881/

WS: I don't see the +1 for aim added next time go ahead and add it to your dex for a total bonus other than that everthing looks good.

dog attack = 2d6 (3,5); 1d6 (4) + 5 = 17, dmg = 2 So although he hit he failed to get through the tough wolves hide.
wolf attacking dog = 2d6 (3,2); 1d6 (1) + 4 = 10, dmg = 10 a miss but ouch if it would have hit.

And Falyrn missed. So I think I have it sorted out the wolves used the Run major action to double their speed and are now in melee with each of you.

Combat breakdown:
Falos vs bwolf1
Ortrang vs bwolf2
Garret vs bwolf3
Dog vs bwolf4
Falyrn vs bwolf5

And everyone is pretty much within 2 yards of each person next to them so Falos is 2 yards from Ortrang and 6 yards from Garret and so on. Good Luck It's the top of the 2 turn and Falos is up! [/sblock]

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn the Veteran

Just noticed over in the other thread the problem with my posts.

Here is a link to all rolls for Falryn since the capaign started.

Search Results

Also if you have not already could you post the combat rules? For instance I didn't even know about actions and the option to aim.

Walking Dad

First Post

Remove ads