• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge Campaign - The True Kings - Calling my Active Players!

Starman

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ok, I've decided to put the kobosh on legendary items at the current time.

:( Do you mind explaining why? Not that it's a real big deal; I just like the idea and I'm curious about your reasons.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Everyone is at 12,000XP for the purposes of making items or whatnot.

Excellent!

unleashed

First Post
Starman said:
I think it's a great resource. It has cultural feats which are similar to regional feats but are easier to take. It has race specific prestige classes which are tied to interesting organizations, more racial talents and transformations, and more info about all of the races. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review Starman, but I was looking for a listing of the things you mentioned if you wouldn't mind. :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Widowmaker said:
Isida, I have my character completed. Did you want me to post it somewhere or send it to you? Just let me know.
I believe that Isida is on a leave of some sort... I didn't see a note so I could be wrong but to be on the safe side you might want to realize their could be some delay. :)

Starman

Adventurer
unleashed said:
Thanks for the review Starman, but I was looking for a listing of the things you mentioned if you wouldn't mind. :D

Well, it's a big book. Could you be more specific as to the stuff you are curious about (other than "the whole, darn thing!" :p )?

Starman

unleashed

First Post
Starman said:
Well, it's a big book. Could you be more specific as to the stuff you are curious about (other than "the whole, darn thing!" :p )?

Starman

Never mind, I don't think my alternate spot is likely to get a look in anyway. ;)

Even if it does I'll likely try to fill the spot vacated to some degree, so there's not much point hunting for anything in particular from a book I don't have until I have a basic character at least. :D

Starman

Adventurer
I've got two character concepts in mind, but I'm having trouble deciding which one I want to play. I really like them both. So, I thought I'd solicit the opinion of everyone else involved in the game. Which one do you like or want to see in the party. One is a CG dawn elf life wizard and the other is a CN minotaur barbarian/ranger.

Dawn elf said:
The dawn elf is someone whose life has been deeply touched by the civil war. He has lost several family members to the conflict. Perhaps the most troubling part for him, though, is that his best friend is a night elf who has joined in the worship of Lathail. He didn't know at first, but his friend finally confided in him one day. The dawn elf was horrified and scared. He didn't tell anyone about it even though he knew he should. His friend told him about the worship rites and rituals that were performed. At first, they seemed harmless, but they became more and more depraved and barbaric. The dawn elf was disgusted and tried to persuade his friend to end his association with the Lathail worshippers. They got into a huge argument and bitter words were spoken. It almost came to blows, but they went their seperate ways.

The dawn elf finally went and reported his friend. He knew where their meetings were and he went on the raid to arrest the night elves. What he saw scarred him. Elven sacrifices were the most minor part of what he saw. He ended up fighting and killing his friend. He was lauded as a hero for several well-known night elf fugitives were caught or killed on the raid. He didn't want any part of it, though. He left Sildanyr to get away from it all. That was six months ago. Since then, questions have consumed him. Why did he have to kill his friend? Why have the night elves rebelled? Did he do the right thing? The most burning question, though, has become, what can be done to end the war? A dark thought, a whisper, a hint, has started growing in the back of his mind. Kill the head and the body dies.

He adventures now because he is not ready to go back to his homeland. And because he knows his knowledge of magic must increase tenfold if he is to entertain his idea to end the war.

Minotaur said:
The minotaur adventures because he was outcast from his home. He grew up in a small village of minotaurs. While he was young, life was peaceful and good. He never seemed to fit in, though. He never felt totally comfortable around others and was even distant from his family members. He had very few friends. No one really worried about it, though, because he seemed normal and didn't cause trouble.

Things changed when he was 12. A small war party of giants came to the village to reclaim their rightful servants. The village was able to fend the giants off, but several members of the minotaur's family were killed, including his father and his younger brother who was closer to him than anyone else. Something inside the young minotaur seemed to snap. He became consumed with a fiery rage. He preached loudly and frequently for war with the giants. He got into fights frequently and became a drunkard as he grew older.

The village elders tried to help the minotaur channel his rage by training him in the warrior arts, hunting, and tracking. It only seemed to fuel his anger, though. One day, he ambushed and slew several young hill giants. The minotaur village was attacked in retribution and many minotaurs were slain. The village elders summoned the minotaur and told him that he was outcast from the village. He could not return until he learned to deal with the hate, anger, and rage festering inside of him. Cursing the elders he left.

Now, he wanders the country, alternately drowning his anger in drink or getting into fights. Deep down he knows he is on a self-destructive path, but he doesn't know how to change.

So, what do you guys think?

Starman

Last edited:

d'Anconia

Explorer
Just wanted to post a quick not to all saying that I just don't think I'm going to have time to devote to this game at the moment, and didn't want everyone waiting on me.
Thanks,
d'Anconia

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads