Daylight v. Vampires

NTZ

First Post
How powerful is a Daylight spell against vampires? Is it powerful enough to be considered "direct sunlight"? Will it keep vampires away for the duration of the spell?

Also, a "strongly presented holy symbol" seems to be able to keep a vampire away (keep it "at bay" according to the monster manual).

These seem like good ways to keep a vampire from attacking you.

Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

WaterRabbit

Explorer
Daylight

The only effect that the spell Daylight has on vamps is allowing them to see in the dark.:)

I think that 'strongly presented holy symbol' implies a turning attempt.

Celestian

Explorer
NTZ said:
How powerful is a Daylight spell against vampires? Is it powerful enough to be considered "direct sunlight"? Will it keep vampires away for the duration of the spell?

Also, a "strongly presented holy symbol" seems to be able to keep a vampire away (keep it "at bay" according to the monster manual).

These seem like good ways to keep a vampire from attacking you.

Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

I asked this question about a month ago and the end result was that to 'destroy' a vampire you need the 'sunlight' spell. Daylight wasn't effective against them. Just consider it a bright light, not sunlight/daylight.

As to the holy symbol thing, I basically just have the vampire avoid the cleric if he is attempting to turn... of course that doesnt mean the charmed friend will avoid him.

Remove ads