• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daylight v. Vampires

NTZ

First Post
How powerful is a Daylight spell against vampires? Is it powerful enough to be considered "direct sunlight"? Will it keep vampires away for the duration of the spell?

Also, a "strongly presented holy symbol" seems to be able to keep a vampire away (keep it "at bay" according to the monster manual).

These seem like good ways to keep a vampire from attacking you.

Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

WaterRabbit

Explorer
Daylight

The only effect that the spell Daylight has on vamps is allowing them to see in the dark.:)

I think that 'strongly presented holy symbol' implies a turning attempt.

Celestian

Explorer
NTZ said:
How powerful is a Daylight spell against vampires? Is it powerful enough to be considered "direct sunlight"? Will it keep vampires away for the duration of the spell?

Also, a "strongly presented holy symbol" seems to be able to keep a vampire away (keep it "at bay" according to the monster manual).

These seem like good ways to keep a vampire from attacking you.

Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

I asked this question about a month ago and the end result was that to 'destroy' a vampire you need the 'sunlight' spell. Daylight wasn't effective against them. Just consider it a bright light, not sunlight/daylight.

As to the holy symbol thing, I basically just have the vampire avoid the cleric if he is attempting to turn... of course that doesnt mean the charmed friend will avoid him.

Remove ads