• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Sammy's Truck

The group continued to laugh and rest and try and prepare for the unthinkable. Kyle was doing a pretty good job of getting comfortable with his power and was convincing Corey that he would do just as well. As they got farther down state route 67, headed east towards Youngstown, it was starting to become dark. After another few minutes, Lorenzo suddenly sat straight up.

He could not explain it, he knew it was part of his powers. But, it was almost like what he was doing was just outside of his abilities. He was having some trouble accepting a power that had no tangible explanation or effects, it made it very difficult to learn what he was doing. He had been trying to see if there was some way he could find the others with his mind, he did not even know if he could do that but, he could try.

All of a sudden, he got a chill that didn't go down his spine, it ran all the way through him. Something bad was about to happen. If he was not already sure their lives had changed forever, he was now. The best he could explain it, if asked, was that 'there had been a great disturbance in the force.'

He wasn't sure if that would comfort anyone. He knew it didn't comfort him.

Prisoner Transport Truck

The truck rocked from the second explosion. The guards were panicked. This was not some elaborate scheme, it was real. There were one or two more explosions, it was hard to be sure. But, the last one tipped the truck! It seemed to hang in mid air, trying to decide which way was up. The moment seemed to last for minutes instead of the brief seconds it took. There was yelling and screaming and cursing. The lights flashed and came back dimmer than before. A few sparks flew through the air and the computer screens were no longer lit.

Two of the guards looked like they were knocked out. The bald one who had spoke with Catherine was up along with one who had been sleeping. Catherine was thrown loose and lay on her back, unmoving. Andrew sat facing up with loose equipment from the truck laying on top of him. Gabe's seat had been jarred loose from the rest and he noticed what looked like a crack in his hand restraints. Sammy was still in his seat, a cut across his face and a curse in his throat. They both hung in their restraints facing down. Eleyna lay on her side, looking up at Gabe and Sammy both. Her hands were still bound together by the metal manacles. One of the guards lay at her feet.

The bald guard grabbed his radio from the floor. "What the hell was that! are you guys okay? What happened? Are we under attack or were we hit? Somebody say something!"

The second guard pulled his pistol free, obviously panicked. "What's going on? They're gonna escape! What do we do?"

Catherine moaned slightly.

The truck rocked. It was not another explosion, something hit them. Hard.

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

Nuke261 said:
Prisoner Transport Truck
Two of the guards looked like they were knocked out. The bald one who had spoke with Catherine was up along with one who had been sleeping. Catherine was thrown loose and lay on her back, unmoving. Andrew sat facing up with loose equipment from the truck laying on top of him. Gabe's seat had been jarred loose from the rest and he noticed what looked like a crack in his hand restraints. Sammy was still in his seat, a cut across his face and a curse in his throat. They both hung in their restraints facing down. Eleyna lay on her side, looking up at Gabe and Sammy both. Her hands were still bound together by the metal manacles. One of the guards lay at her feet.

The bald guard grabbed his radio from the floor. "What the hell was that! are you guys okay? What happened? Are we under attack or were we hit? Somebody say something!"

The second guard pulled his pistol free, obviously panicked. "What's going on? They're gonna escape! What do we do?"

Catherine moaned slightly.

The truck rocked. It was not another explosion, something hit them. Hard.

'What the hell?!' What's going on?!' Looking slightly panicked, Gabe darted looks around the truck, trying to take in what was happening and not freak out. Then he noticed the damage to his restraints. 'Hey...' Gabe looked up at the guards again, to check if any of them were really watching him, and then began pulling against the restraints as subtly as he could, hoping to expand the crack. He looked at Eleyna, and the worry seemed to be pushed back by a certain determination. Closing his eyes, Gabe strained to pull his hands apart and out of the restraints. 'Come on Gabe, you can do this. It might be the only chance you get, and you've got a promise to keep..'

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

...Eleyna lay on her side, looking up at Gabe and Sammy both. Her hands were still bound together by the metal manacles. One of the guards lay at her feet.

Feeling groggy from the fall, Eleyna blinked to clear her vision. She tried to piece together what had just happened, but the memories weren't coming back clearly. Her body ached. If she had been injured falling to the floor (I guess it's actually the side of the truck!), she couldn't tell. All she knew was that something was happening, and it might bring an opportunity to escape. Looking around, her gaze found Gabe and she saw a subtle but strong determination in his eyes. A newfound resolve filled her, and she knew she would do everyting in her power to free Gabe and the others from this hellish transport.

The truck was hit again by whatever had caused the onslaught. Eleyna watched carefully as the guards moved around the truck in a panic. Her hands were still bound, but the heavy manacles would probably be enough to knock a guard unconcious, if she hit hard enough. Focusing on the guard with his pistol in hand, Eleyna waited patiently for the right moment to take him out.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds Hps: 2/2

Sammy's Truck

Narrator said:
All of a sudden, he got a chill that didn't go down his spine, it ran all the way through him. Something bad was about to happen. If he was not already sure their lives had changed forever, he was now. The best he could explain it, if asked, was that 'there had been a great disturbance in the force.'

"I . . wanna rock and roll all . . .Whoa!" Lorenzo exclaimed as the chill passed through him. He leaned forward and clicked the radio off.

"Something bad is happening . . . I don't know what . . . something really, really bad," Lorenzo commented, losing his carefree attitude. "You might want to step on it, Jen. I can't help to think that we might be too late."

Radiant

First Post
Jeniffer Allen

Keia said:
Sammy's Truck

"I . . wanna rock and roll all . . .Whoa!" Lorenzo exclaimed as the chill passed through him. He leaned forward and clicked the radio off.

"Something bad is happening . . . I don't know what . . . something really, really bad," Lorenzo commented, losing his carefree attitude. "You might want to step on it, Jen. I can't help to think that we might be too late."

"Now that's what I like to hear."
Since it probably doesn't matter and it's not her car anyhow Jen hit it and squeezes Sammy's truck for everything it's got.
"Hold tight lady's and gentlemen the ride might get a little rough."
Despite her nervousness she can't help but grin as she pushes the car to its limit.
Now this is life!

Last edited:

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle frowns as the plan starts to unravel. :Wish we'd at least gotten underway before that happened: she thinks to herself as she collects her stuff and starts tucking it in her blazer and purse (both cortesy of her power), and takes a deep steadying breath. "Remember, we're here to get our friends, nothing more."

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle frowns as the plan starts to unravel. :Wish we'd at least gotten underway before that happened: she thinks to herself as she collects her stuff and starts tucking it in her blazer and purse (both cortesy of her power), and takes a deep steadying breath. "Remember, we're here to get our friends, nothing more."

"What else would we do?"

As the car accelerates, Corey pulls his ski mask out of the bag from the mall and puts it on. Then he pulls out his new sunglasses in their case, looks at them for a second as he ponders the absurdity of putting them over the mask, and slips them into a pocket. Why did I buy sunglasses? What the hell am I going to do with them? Oh, it was because of Jennifer. Then his thoughts get drawn to more pressing matters, like the speed at which scenery is passing his window.

Kyle Graham hp:2/2

"Because we're kids." she replies with a smirk, her apparent age being in the early twenties. "and we do all sorts of typical teenager antics, witness my stunts at school."

Velmont

First Post
"Come, someone, take care of her. She seems hurt. She isn't moving. She is not a mutant, you have to help her. Come on!"

Seeing the guards too much preoccupied, Andrew try to get up but for a moment, he forgot about his restraint. He looks down and starts to look at all the things that have fallen on him, and try to spot if there anything that could help him to unbound himself in that pile of scrap.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Originally posted by Andrew
"Come, someone, take care of her. She seems hurt. She isn't moving. She is not a mutant, you have to help her. Come on!"

I don't know what the hell's going on outside, but its got all the guards distracted. And now, with Andrew going on about Catherine... I've gotta do something soon, while they're in a panic. I might not get another chance.

Plan set in her mind, she lifted herself slowly up into a crouching position. Then, sure that her target wasn't aware of her, Eleyna pushed herself forward off the side of the truck, lunging toward the guard holding his pistol. Closing the distance quickly, she swung her manacled hands at the guard's head. She prayed that she'd hit him hard enough to go down.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads