DC Announces New Movie and TV Plans

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Astro City would be amazing as a prestige series, but some of the stories, like "The Nearness of You" would likely be pretty incomprehensible to the general public until reality-altering crises make it to the screen at some point.

(I know it's allegedly going to be in the Flash movie, but I am still not 100% convinced we will ever see that movie. Ezra is 100% capable of doing something awful enough to get it Batgirled.)

Ryujin

Legend
Astro City would be amazing as a prestige series, but some of the stories, like "The Nearness of You" would likely be pretty incomprehensible to the general public until reality-altering crises make it to the screen at some point.

(I know it's allegedly going to be in the Flash movie, but I am still not 100% convinced we will ever see that movie. Ezra is 100% capable of doing something awful enough to get it Batgirled.)
He already has done that, though they seem hell-bent to get that movie released anyway.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I trust Gunn as a storyteller. He has an excellent sense for characters and story.

Maybe he's biting off more than he can chew in terms of work load, what with being studio head, over-arching story runner, and writing a lot of the material. Is he slated to direct anything?

To the particular properties that are coming -

I really like The Authority. I think Gunn will turn in a good version of them.

I'm curious about the Green Lantern show. Yes, I feel that making them Earthbound misses out on all that gonzo space action but maybe that's a good thing for on-boarding new viewers.

And I have no real strong thoughts or feelings on any of the rest. It's the sort of stuff I'll catch up with eventually.

Kaodi

Hero
My interest in a Booster Gold movie can be described with two questions: Is he Canadian? And: Does it matter to the story? I mean honestly that could be an attempt to gauge how national niches work, or to tap into some of the same energy Deadpool had.

Remove ads