• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Announces New Movie and TV Plans

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Astro City would be amazing as a prestige series, but some of the stories, like "The Nearness of You" would likely be pretty incomprehensible to the general public until reality-altering crises make it to the screen at some point.

(I know it's allegedly going to be in the Flash movie, but I am still not 100% convinced we will ever see that movie. Ezra is 100% capable of doing something awful enough to get it Batgirled.)

Ryujin

Legend
Astro City would be amazing as a prestige series, but some of the stories, like "The Nearness of You" would likely be pretty incomprehensible to the general public until reality-altering crises make it to the screen at some point.

(I know it's allegedly going to be in the Flash movie, but I am still not 100% convinced we will ever see that movie. Ezra is 100% capable of doing something awful enough to get it Batgirled.)
He already has done that, though they seem hell-bent to get that movie released anyway.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I trust Gunn as a storyteller. He has an excellent sense for characters and story.

Maybe he's biting off more than he can chew in terms of work load, what with being studio head, over-arching story runner, and writing a lot of the material. Is he slated to direct anything?

To the particular properties that are coming -

I really like The Authority. I think Gunn will turn in a good version of them.

I'm curious about the Green Lantern show. Yes, I feel that making them Earthbound misses out on all that gonzo space action but maybe that's a good thing for on-boarding new viewers.

And I have no real strong thoughts or feelings on any of the rest. It's the sort of stuff I'll catch up with eventually.

Kaodi

Hero
My interest in a Booster Gold movie can be described with two questions: Is he Canadian? And: Does it matter to the story? I mean honestly that could be an attempt to gauge how national niches work, or to tap into some of the same energy Deadpool had.

Remove ads