DCC#8 (IC):: Spectres

Walking Dad

First Post
D'ryll

[sblock=ooc]
Would it be possible to hit two or more undead without endangering the other characters with a breath weapon like effect?
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]
No need for that WD there is only one left and it is wounded, it is your charcters round three action just do whatever you like and post me up some damage please.

5 zombies to start - D'ryll kills one at a distance, Gulon kills one with an AoO and another with a full attack (claws are slashing right??) Arne kills a fourth so that leaves one for you, and Dinbelar wounded it. :p

Arne's rolls= Roll Lookup

NOTE:Remember zombies get single actions only so they walk up to you and can not attack but you can full attack them. And you can't sneak attack them. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
D'ryll

D'ryll channels the power of the earth below him as he swings his chain at the undead drow.

[sblock=ooc]
Round 3:

Using Mountain hammer. Standard attack with +2d6 damage, that ignores DR and hardness

Chain + mountain strike (1d20+11=17, 2d4+1=6, 2d6=9)

[sblock=Mini Statblock]
HP: 45 / 45
AC: 22 - Touch: 17
Fort: +5. Reflex: +10. Will: +7

Initiative: +4
Spot: +1
Listen: +11

Active Stance: Child of Shadows

Readied Maneuvers:
Obscuring Shadow Veil
Fan the Flames, used
Counter Charge
Shadow Jaunt
Hatchlings Flame
Mountain Hammer, used

[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Gulon slices through the mindless zombies as if the creatures were made of paper instead of flesh and bone. The rest of the slow moving mindless creatures are fled by axe, sword, chain, and spell. After the last undead drow falls the group finally gets a good look at them. The have a greenish palor to their taunt skin and the remains of their armor and weapons seem in tatters. Very interesting is the tiny holes all over each of their bodies, each one looks to be burned into them.

Each zombie wore a crest on them but their nearly nonexistent armor makes it hard to tell. Dinbelar looks at each body as she cleans her blade. "If you piece together parts from each crest it forms the symbol for House Sorethin," she says with disgust. "I wonder what befell them and has them wondering out here?"

[sblock=ooc] Note: House Sorethin is the rival house you are heading towards to look for the necro-ship. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
D'ryll

"So, are they animating now their own soldiers or is a third party involved. Look at these holes. Some kind of ritual to make them?"
D'ryll wonders allowed, before regaining his powers with a quick series of hand gestures.

[sblock=ooc]
Recharging maneuvers.

[sblock=Mini Statblock]

Readied Maneuvers:
Obscuring Shadow Veil
Fan the Flames
Counter Charge
Shadow Jaunt
Hatchlings Flame
Mountain Hammer

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"Heh." Arne pulls his axe out of the green drow corpse twitching at his feet and controls his chuckling amusement at the mayhem the party inflicted. "Heh. Unlikely that they did this to their own. Seems more an insult to Sorethin. More likely the lich has been here. Maybe he uses some sort of burning acid rain to kill before he animates them into his improved undead. This'll make what's left of Sorethin even more of a ripe plum of a target, heh. Time to pounce on a bleeding rothe."

Arne glances over the corpses with a quick eye for any loot worth requisitioning before pushing ahead. Pouches or jewelry such as rings or amulets. He also notes if the armor remnants bear the same hole marks.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=note] A quick search reveals nothing on the corspes and their equipment has been damaged beyond repair or salvage.

everyone ready to move on? [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
D'ryll

"You are maybe right. Let's move on."
D'ryll says, looking at the corpses a last time to see, if even the metal parts of their equipment were damaged by the proposed acid.

[sblock=ooc]
move on

[sblock=Mini Statblock]

Readied Maneuvers:
Obscuring Shadow Veil
Fan the Flames
Counter Charge
Shadow Jaunt
Hatchlings Flame
Mountain Hammer

[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving On

Leaving the zombies behind the party continues to the Upper South tunnel that will lead them out of the cavern and to House Sorethin. The tunnel is long and remains natural for almost a quarter of a mile, before becoming more like worked stone. Drow slaves must have craved the path that leads into the caverns that the elves of House Sorethin dwell in.

As the party advances further on down the smooth floored tunnel they encounter no wandering monsters but something else is amiss. The temperature in the tunnel starts to rise and the walls, floor, and ceiling start to become wet a slick. By the time the tunnel ends and opens into a natural cave system the temperature has risen from it's usual 64 degrees to a hot and humid 97 degrees.

The party sees the reason for most of the heat, as the cave floor has cracks throughout it filled with glowing lava. Steam hangs heavy near the ceiling as an underground stream flows into a large lake of lava at the eastern edge of the cavern. A natural-looking rock column stands nearly in the center of the cave.

Code:
[I][COLOR=sienna]The telltale signs of battle have waged around this lonely column of rock.Over[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=sienna]a hundred feet tall, it stands tenuously as a testament to the drow house [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=sienna]that once inhabited this cavern. Blasted walls and fallen rubble have been[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=sienna]scattered around the area, making travel slow.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=sienna]Rooms carved into the side of the column have been exposed to the rest [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=sienna]of the cavern by gaping holes. Few floors can be seen, and even those [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=sienna]crumble as pieces of rubble fall from them.[/COLOR][/I]

[sblock=OOC]
You are all in a 200' by 200' cavern with a way out in the south western end. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Staring blankly at the column, two mummies try to find a way in. One of them, adorned with a sturdy armor and a shield and a mornignstar strapped to it's back, and appears to be reciting a spell, although most of what can be hear are goans and guttural sounds.

[sblock=HM] Cast Locate object to see if the bone ship is withing the tower. [/sblock]

[sblock=Kosaman]
HP: 64
AC: 25 (FF: 25 T: 12)
Init: +0
Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +11
Morningstar: +6 for 1d8+1
Rebuke or control undead (5x/day) 1d20+Cha; dmg: 2d6+5+cha

L 0: 5 (Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Resistance)
L 1: 4 (Bless, Cause Fear, Cause Fear, Doom)
L 2: 3
L 3: 2
[/sblock]

Remove ads