DDI Changes - PH3 Previews! New price

Verys Arkon

First Post
I just got this email from DDI

Dear Insider,

As a valued D&D Insider™ subscriber, we wanted to make sure that you were among the first to know about some changes to D&DI that will be coming this July.

Starting Tuesday, July 7, D&D Insider will debut complete sections of final, playable, Player's Handbook® 3 material each month leading up to the book's release in March 2010. As a D&DI subscriber, you will be the first to receive nine months of content totaling 102 pages available only through your D&DI subscription.

Each month, the PH3 content will be made available to you through the Character Builder and Compendium accompanied by a comprehensive article. You can read more detail about the debut content in Bill Slavicsek's upcoming Ampersand column.

Beginning July 2, introductory pricing for D&D Insider will expire and subscription prices will change to reflect the increasing value and new content. Starting today, you have 44 days to take advantage of the introductory pricing before it is no longer available. As a current subscriber, you can extend or upgrade your current subscription to get the most value possible. To ensure that you're getting the most value for your money, be sure to visit our FAQ to determine whether a subscription upgrade or extension is right for you.

The deadline for taking advantage of introductory pricing is July 1 at 12 midnight EDT.*

New pricing for D&D Insider beginning July 2:

$9.95 for 1 month
$23.85 for 3 months (save 20%)
$71.40 for an annual subscription (save 40%)

If you have any questions about either of the changes listed above, or about your subscription, you can visit the FAQ or contact the Wizards of the Coast Customer Service team by visiting http://wizards.custhelp.com.

* expiration of your subscription and subsequent renewal or renewal after July 1 will be at the increased rate.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
The interesting part there for me is "complete, playable" portions of the PHB3. As in, I take it, "not playtest versions."

Also, I better renew my DDI sub for a year...:)

I got the email as well, what I am wondering is if I extend my subscription another year will I still get the introductory price. So I have extended one year already, I am going to be playing 4E for the forseeable future and I reckon DDi is a bargain at this price...... I'll try it and post back :)

I got the email as well, what I am wondering is if I extend my subscription another year will I still get the introductory price. So I have extended one year already, I am going to be playing 4E for the forseeable future and I reckon DDi is a bargain at this price...... I'll try it and post back :)

ENW on a go slow at the moment. So the answer is yes you can extend the subscription as long as you like and keep the new price...$5 US/month until the end of 2011.... I am tempted to do another one :p

1 Year Dungeons and Dragons Insider Subscription

* Order Number *********
* Subscription Cost 100.63 NZD
* Order Date 5/19/2009
* Subscription Status Active
* Billing Length YEARLY
* Next Billing Date 10/16/2011
* Billing Type Manual Renew

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Well, I've been to the FAQ, and I am confused.

I have a yearly subscription, 10/08-10/09.

In some places, it suggests that I can extend my current subscription, while in others, it warns that if I buy another year at the current price, the new subscription will cancel be from 5/08-5/09, and cancel out the remaining 5 months of my current subscription.

Obviously, I'm not going to do that.

Hopefully, a helpful WOTC-ite will drop by and make this all make sense. Unfortunately, the labyrinthine nature of wizards.com is making me want to stay away again.

(I mean: I log in once to look at my DDI content. I log in another time to a different forum area in order to read the FAQ, where my account doesn't seem to have anything to do with either my DDI account I've already logged in to, nor to my RPGA account. And neither of those is paired to each other, either.)

WOTC has some serious work that it needs to do in managing people's subscriptions in a rational, easily understood way. I suggest looking at the Paizo website for an example of a simple, comprehensible subscription management system.

Festivus

First Post
So I am wondering, as I click on the "Renew Subscription" link from within My Account, I am presented with the following:

Extensions: Purchasing a new subscription before your old one has expired does not add time to your existing subscription. A new subscription will begin immediately, overwriting your original one and causing any remaining time to be lost. If you want to extend your subscription, please read the FAQ.

The FAQ points me right back to the same place I was just at within my account...

Seriously, do they even look at their website to understand this is confusing to customers?

Jack99

Adventurer
Well, I've been to the FAQ, and I am confused.

I have a yearly subscription, 10/08-10/09.

In some places, it suggests that I can extend my current subscription, while in others, it warns that if I buy another year at the current price, the new subscription will cancel be from 5/08-5/09, and cancel out the remaining 5 months of my current subscription.

Obviously, I'm not going to do that.

Hopefully, a helpful WOTC-ite will drop by and make this all make sense. Unfortunately, the labyrinthine nature of wizards.com is making me want to stay away again.

(I mean: I log in once to look at my DDI content. I log in another time to a different forum area in order to read the FAQ, where my account doesn't seem to have anything to do with either my DDI account I've already logged in to, nor to my RPGA account. And neither of those is paired to each other, either.)

WOTC has some serious work that it needs to do in managing people's subscriptions in a rational, easily understood way. I suggest looking at the Paizo website for an example of a simple, comprehensible subscription management system.

Go here and log in. Press "Manage D&D Insider (on the right side of the screen). Then press "My subscription history" and log in once again. Then press "Renew Subscription" and fill out the stuff about credit card etc. That should do it. Worked for me anyway.

WotC_Trevor

First Post

ENW on a go slow at the moment. So the answer is yes you can extend the subscription as long as you like and keep the new price...$5 US/month until the end of 2011.... I am tempted to do another one :p

You can only upgrade your subscription once at a time. The system may allow you to do more than one upgrade, but this will be fixed on the back end and you will be refunded for your extra upgrades.

Remove ads