DDI VT beta has re-opened

tuxgeo

Adventurer
From what I recall, you do not need to re-apply, but I will poke and find out.

Just the same, it wouldn't hurt to go to http://accounts.wizards.com and check to make sure that you are opted in to communications.

Note that I can't actually see the instructions from the vt page because I am a member, so if someone could copy/paste them, I would greatly appreciate it.

The page at Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Tool (D&D Virtual Table) says:

D&D INSIDER
DUNGEONS&DRAGONS
VIRTUAL TABLE

The Virtual Table beta is live!
Want to join?
Step 1 - Fill out the beta application.
_ (button) [Become a Beta Tester]
Step 2 - Opt in to receive Wizards of the Coast messaging so we can send an invite if we approve your application. How do I opt in?
_ (button) [Opt-in to Messaging]

Clicking the first button takes you to Dungeons & Dragons Encounters Update, where it says:

Thank you for your interest in participating in future D&D Insider beta programs! If you would like to add your information to our list for consideration, you need to have a Wizards Community login to apply. Simply fill out the requested information below and click Submit. You must use the same email address that is listed on your Wizards Community account if you would like to be considered for future beta programs.

First Name: [ _ _ _ _ _ ]
Last Name: [ _ _ _ _ _ ]
Email Address: [ _ _ _ _ _ ]
(button) [Submit]

Doing that takes you to another page where it says:

Dungeons & Dragons Beta Sign Up!

You are now signed up to be considered for future D&D Insider beta programs. If we choose to include you as a participant, you will receive an email to this account with further instructions. If you'd like to be removed from this list for any reason, please contact Wizards of the Coast Customer Service.
Thanks for your interest and good gaming!
Wizards Beta Team

abyssaldeath

First Post
As a DDI sub I can expect to see an invite right? I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Eventually, all DDI subscribers will have access, but right now they only invited 4000 of us. There should be another round of invites in the next week or two. Follow the instructions tuxgeo posted and you might get in the next round.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
So I just poked WotC about the invites.

If you had previously submitted your info for the previous beta (when it was open to everyone, not just DDI subscribers), you should fill out the information again to make sure that you are on the list.

Got my invite yesterday. So far, it's looking pretty good. The character import feature is VERY nice, but I haven't finished playing with that part yet.

Monster import works quite well, though the selection of monster pics for the tokens is quite limited.

They fixed one of the bugs I was having, which was a bit of a pain for me. Placing tiles on hand-drawn areas of your map would cause the tile to be forced to the background. I'll play with it more when I get home.

webrunner

First Post
This is pretty dang slick.. everything works great..

... really comes down to how it'll work for players though. In an ideal world it'd be "DMs have to be DDI, players can be invited for free" but I'm not holding out hope for that, unfortunately :/. I'd even accept a small fee per player (a buck or so) then it's only like 5 bucks to play a campaign instead of an extra what, 300 dollars a year?

Remove ads