• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDM - Collect, play, or what?

Do you play the DDM game?

• Yes, I am a big time player of DDM.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • No, I use the minis in my games.

Votes: 82 65.1%
  • I don't buy DDM minis at all.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.6%

racoffin

First Post
I saw this topic being tossed around on the Against the Giant preview pics thread and since there was some discussion as to who was buying the minis and why, maybe a poll will help shed some light on the subject.

I don't play the game myself, but instead use them in my D&D gaming.

Thinking about the poll, I would be very surprised if it didn't come out heavily in favour of "I use them in my RPGs". Why? Because ENWorld is devoted to RPGs, not minis games. If you asked the same question on another site, one dedicated to minis games, the answer would be very different.

Invisible Stalker

First Post
I buy them to use in my 4E game.

What's nice is the people who play the DDM game have all these extra commons and uncommons to sell at very cheap prices. :)

NiTessine

Explorer
I used to buy craploads of them for both RPGs and the miniatures game.

Then, for some reason, starting with Desert of Desolation, the game balance went down the drain, and the 2.0 ruleset for the miniatures game managed to kill the tactical depth of the game. This coincided with bad miniature picks, bad sculpts incompatible with 3.5 due to their size, and a decrease in paint job quality.

So, now I'm not buying them at all.

questing gm

First Post
First, I didn't buy them.
Then, I started collecting them for my regular sessions....(a starter with a few boosters)
Now, I don't think I'll buy them again.

Makes it hard for me to select my answer for this poll.

Remove ads