DDM Set 10: War of the Dragon Queen

frankthedm

First Post
Ugh, the prospect of more "very rare" minis do not thrill me. I love huge figures. But i hate chase figures that show up 1 per 3 boosters.

Hodgie

First Post
I was very sad by the Giants of Legend. After 12 boosters my group acquired 5 frost giants, 3 treants, 2 bullete, and 2 warforged titans. There were several of the most common huge miniatures that we never acquired and we eventually lost interest. Hopefully this set will be better.

Pants

First Post
frankthedm said:
Ugh, the prospect of more "very rare" minis do not thrill me. I love huge figures. But i hate chase figures that show up 1 per 3 boosters.
I'm pretty positive that the rarity of huges has been revamped, which is good.

frankthedm

First Post
Unless there are more than 1 huge per pack, then having any rarity variations in the huges creates chase figs.

Its wotc's game, they can do what they like with it, but they did say when they started it up there would not be chase figs.

At least the largest huges will be the easiest to get. Shake-shake-shake, Shake-shake-shake, Shake that booster!.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, Merric!

I guess I'll need more shelves now...

*grumbles*

That set is supposed to arrive in July... I hope there's another set coming out before this one...

Edit: Just saw "War Drums" on the same site...

AR

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Anyone with 5 Frost Giants can pretty much trade them for any huge (other than the 2 dragons) that they want. Indeed, you could probably deal them for 5-10 rares.

As for this announcement, I'm quite excited by the news of more Huges, more dragons, and that the price has not increased.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
frankthedm said:
Unless there are more than 1 huge per pack, then having any rarity variations in the huges creates chase figs.

Its wotc's game, they can do what they like with it, but they did say when they started it up there would not be chase figs.

By Wizards' definition of chase figures, they still haven't made any.

I think a 1 in 24 chance of getting a specific huge rare in a booster, and with cases pretty much guaranteed to give you half (3) of the huge rares, it isn't that hard to get a set.

Now, if Wizards used the MageKnight system of rarity - yes, there would be chase figures.

Cheers!

Remove ads