• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDN and Campaign settings

Grimmjow

First Post
Finally, I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a new setting that takes D&D in a new direction and is designed from the ground up with 5E in its bones. Maybe something that mimics the innocent adventuring charm of Avatar: the Last Airbender and other anime shows. Maybe a dark setting where scattered mortals fight a losing battle against cosmic horrors in the wake of an apocalypse. I don't care! As long as it's different! We all know that D&D can be more than kobolds and 3d10 gp (as fun as that is, occasionally), so I'd love to see some professionals dig their teeth into some challenging new places for us to roll d20s.

id love to see some brand new ones also. Maybe something along the lines of wormwood from rifts would be fun

also....what is the ravenloft setting about?

slobster

Hero
id love to see some brand new ones also. Maybe something along the lines of wormwood from rifts would be fun

also....what is the ravenloft setting about?

Ravenloft is a gothic horror setting. The basic setup is that Ravenloft is a kind of demiplane of evil all-stars. Whenever an individual of truly epic and unfathomable evil arises anywhere in the planes, the mists of Ravenloft might creep out and capture them, transporting them and perhaps some of their environs to Ravenloft.

On Ravenloft they are given a domain, a region over which they are granted perpetual rulership: but they are never allowed to leave. They and their domain are also inflicted with some thematically appropriate curse, which serves as both a reflection for their twisted soul and a punishment for their evil. Normal people live in these domains, and suffer at the whims of their insane and eternally frustrated rulers.

PCs in Ravenloft seek some measure of justice and peace in a world dead-set by its very nature against them. Some powerful adventurers even delve into the deep secrets of the plane, such as who controls its dark power and for what purpose.

It's a lot of fun!

A new setting is probably a good idea - or else, when dealing with old settings, they should bite the bullet and not try to shoehorn in new classes, races, and so on.

You can probably fit a few dark-cultist warlocks into Greyhawk with no problems. You can't fit dragonborn into Greyhawk, full stop.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads