• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dead Celebs - 2005

DaveStebbins

First Post
It's all over the news, but Johnny Carson passed away this morning, January 23rd. I remember watching The Tonight Show on and off for years, he was very witty and it always looked like he was having fun.

-Dave

Qlippoth

Explorer
There aren't a great many celebrities I care about, but losing Johnny Carson really does suck. Not that he didn't live a full life and all, but for this old-grognard-who-grew-up-before-cable, Carson was an example of a respectable figure who had a great sense of humor and provided new opportunities for numerous other funny folks over the years. I've missed him since he retired, and I'll miss him still.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I will miss Johnny Carson, too. Late night TV hasn't been the same since he retired.
Good night, Johnny.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Israel on Sunday mourned the passing of its premier satirist, Ephraim Kishon, whose biting wit shaped the national agenda of the formative years of the Jewish state and kept people laughing at the same time.
Kishon, who apparently suffered a heart attack, died in the shower at his home in Switzerland, his son, Rafi, said. He was 80.

In Passing.

Remove ads