• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dead Celebs - 2005

Truth Seeker said:
Founding member of 1960s band Traffic Jim Capaldi had died of stomach cancer at the age of 60, his family announced on Friday.

One of the best music jams I ever saw was in 1995 when Traffic opened up for the Grateful Dead at Giants Stadium in NJ. In the middle of Traffics set, Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, and Billy Kreutzmann came out and proceeded to rip out an unbelievable drum/guitar jam into the middle of Low Spark of High Heeled Boys into Light Up or Leave Me Alone. Jim was up there laughing and drumming as the members of the Dead brought an entirely new dimension to the Traffic songs.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
In Passing....

From Variety Magazine.

Actor Badja D'jola, playwright, poet, musician and a historian. A african drummer and dancer at 56, passed away on Jan. 8.

Beverly Dennis, actress , 79, passed away on Jan. 20, fomerly blacklsited during the early 50's, she attended NYU and Columbia and became a pyschotherapist, moved to Beverly Hiills in 1977, to begin her pratice there. She continued to see clients in the film industry until November of last year.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
KnowTheToe said:
Johnny Carson, not only did he come from the golden age of television, but he helped create it. God bless.

What never ceases to amaze me is that in this day and age of youth first, Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon, and Doc Severenson were three of the oldest guys on TV. Nevertheless, people loved them, and they continued to watch them in record numbers. More importantly, the comedy remained fresh, relevant, and hillarious. Even though Johnny has been off the air for more years than I care to think about, he was one of the best entertainers ever and I will miss him.

Ghostwind

First Post
Letterman did a wonderful tribute show to Carson last night. All of the jokes in the monlogue were written by Carson for Letterman within the last two weeks and they were some of the best stuff I've heard on Letterman in years. The man was gifted in so many ways that his loss is truly irreplacable. He is missed greatly.

Krieg

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Letterman did a wonderful tribute show to Carson last night. All of the jokes in the monlogue were written by Carson for Letterman within the last two weeks and they were some of the best stuff I've heard on Letterman in years. The man was gifted in so many ways that his loss is truly irreplacable. He is missed greatly.

Apparently Johnny had been sending Letterman jokes for quite some time now...an interesting editorial on who he sees as his successor.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Voice Actor Steve Susskind Passes Away

Voice actor Steve Susskind has died at the age of 62. Animation/Comic book fans may know him as the voice of Maxie Zeus from "Batman the Animated Series."

In Passing.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
German Boxing Legend Max Schmeling Dies

German heavyweight boxer Max Schmeling, whose bouts against American Joe Louis set off a propaganda war between the Nazi regime and the United States on the eve of World War II, has died at age 99

In Passing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads