Dead Character Prevents Plot

Rakusia

First Post
and my list against 4e just gets longer. i like your play style i wish i could have one more like that but i kinda keep a light dm style so the players enjoy playing. had a game last night. and i want to know what you would do. one player had a ring of three wishes. they would be like greater wish spell. he wished that another player was female. how would you handle that

the Jester

Legend
and my list against 4e just gets longer. i like your play style i wish i could have one more like that but i kinda keep a light dm style so the players enjoy playing. had a game last night. and i want to know what you would do. one player had a ring of three wishes. they would be like greater wish spell. he wished that another player was female. how would you handle that

It's a greater wish. The dude is now a chick.

If the player objects, I'd encourage him or her to find an in-game solution: break enchantment, polymorph other (if you're playing an edition where PO is permanent), etc.

I'd also suggest that this kind of issue is more about the "social contract" of the game- that is, it's more of a player issue than a character issue.

Rakusia

First Post
yea. i let it hapen the guy fliped out!!! said he was gonna stop playin. which is bad when the normal d&d game is me dming him and one other guy playing. and its at his house. I asked people at work last night that dont play and they all said no. i just reneiged the entire event.

the Jester

Legend
yea. i let it hapen the guy fliped out!!! said he was gonna stop playin. which is bad when the normal d&d game is me dming him and one other guy playing. and its at his house. I asked people at work last night that dont play and they all said no. i just reneiged the entire event.

That's a bummer. You can't host? What about the other guy?

You could also check out the Gamers Seeking Gamers subforum and look for more players or another group. Personally, I'd rather not game with people who can't roll with the blows, but I have a large enough group that I don't really have to worry about it too much.

Rakusia

First Post
well i think the only other guys around us. as in within a 40+ mile range (bear in mind i dont drive.) play 4e and nothign ive heard about 4e makes me want to even think about playing it. plus i enjoy dming. and its a little bit about spending time with my friends. i work 6 days a week and we play on sundays after he gets out from church or saturday night into sunday morning. just about the only thing i do other than work.

also the other guy is a bit of a deuch bag when it comes to d&d great anyother time. he does like a lot of stupid shens he only did it as a joke with no in game reasoning so i kinda just said forget about it. not worth the hastle.

the Jester

Legend
You could recruit new players, but if you do this, you need to establish from the word go how the game works and that throwing a fit won't help anyone out. I've learned the painful lesson over the years that I'd rather not play with douchebags than have them ruin my enjoyment of the game. Again, though, that's just me- it sounds like your options are pretty limited if you want to get your game on at all.

Rakusia

First Post
well hes usually pretty cool and i like hanging out with him just not in a d&d situation. ill out it to you this way. my graduating class was in the double digits. thats how small an area i live in. its an hour for me to get to work. we have almost no one around us that even knows what d&d is. oh well. he doesnt play with us most of the time

Rakusia

First Post
this is true. interestingly enough on sunday my friends brought up his behavior. they're not really happy about it either. i mean im pretty easy going and there is a lot of joking and everything but hes a bit over the top. he is no longer allowed in any of our main campaigns

Remove ads