Death before capture!

Rabelais

First Post
Ok, here's the dilemma. The players in my group (including myself) always fight to the death. There was the time when we faced off against 3 Adult Blue Dragons, where we ran like Aitch EEEEE Double Hockey Sticks... Stupid Forge of Fury...

Anyway there have been a couple of points in our campaign where I thought our GM was trying to capture us, so that the BBEG would have somebody to tell his great plan to... The only problem was that we managed either escape, or head off the ambush. She won't come right out and say that she wanted us captured, because she likes to see where the adventure will go next.

Sometimes getting captured is a GOOD thing. In other words... Any ideas on how to express that it's time to get trussed up and hauled back to the Ewok villiage rather than waste a hunting party?

Hussar

Legend
^ That's probably the simplest option.

At lower levels, sleep spells and the like work well. At higher levels, it becomes nearly impossible to actually capture the party since they have magic to escape.

Really, to capture the party is going to require a bit of metagame set up. The bad guys have to know and prepare exactly against what the higher level party is capable of. If this hurts your suspension of disbelief, just kill them all and have them wake up later. :)

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Goblin Chief: Yo, adventurers! It's getting late, supper's almost ready, and I've got guys wih rumbling stomaches here. You're trapped with no way out, but I don't need more dead and injured; not with those damn kobolds down the way. What say we discuss this over some roast beast? You keep your weapons and goods and we'll extend guest rights.

'Sides, my granddaughter's teething right now, and it's driving her folks up the wall. I don't get back in half an hour there's gonna be hell to pay.

Remove ads