• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata nods glumly. "We also found ample evidence that something's influencing him, maybe even controlling him. He's been known to act erratically, alternating between two states. But we're not much closer to actually locating him now than we were when we started."

(listen: 12)
Roll Lookup

Voadam

Legend
"Well you did find out the most recent sighting of him from that turnip seller. Her saying she saw him heading into the Eastern District on an assignment from Milos is the last time we know of anybody seeing him. I went to check on him and talk with him that night after I was through with my evening tasks but he was not in."

<Clang, smash, cry,>
ooc a DC 10 listen check and a DC 10 wis check for everybody please.

Voadam

Legend
check results

DC 10 listen check results
[sblock] Sounds of a swordfight outside[/sblock]

DC 15 listen check results
[sblock]Sounds like Hinjo is in the sword fight[/sblock]

DC 20 listen check results
[sblock]Hinjo sounds hurt, and he is fighting more than one person[/sblock]

DC 10 wisdom check results
[sblock]smoke [/sblock]

DC 15 wisdom check results
[sblock]The smell of smoke is coming from the rear of Lucius' house[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(Checks: Listen 10, Wisdom 18)
Roll Lookup

Arcata nods at Egil, looking a bit less morose. "I suppose that's true. And the Eastern District, while big, is still narrowed down from the whole city."

She frowns and looks towards the window...then sniffs. "Is that..."

Abruptly her eyes widen and she sniffs again. "I smell smoke. I don't think it's coming from outside!"

The young woman jumps to her feet and starts following her nose, back into Egil's house.

Graybeard

Explorer
Listen and Wisdom checks: 12, 19

<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2165077/">1d20+2=12, 1d20=19</a>

Anton, who has been only half listening to the conversation, suddenly realizes that there is more going on nearby.

Sounds like a fight going on outside! he says excitedly, thinking to join in and test his blade.

Then his nose catches a whiff of something.

Is that smoke I smell?

He gets up to head outside.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"C'mon people, MOVE! That's Hinjo outside!"

Logan raises his voice somewhat, surprised at the lack of speed from people he assumes to be Hinjo's friends. He hurries outside, already thinking up variations of inertial assertiveness.

OOC: I know it is not so, but Logan doesn't IC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads