• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deck of Many things: Your best and worst moments

paradox42

First Post
Boss said:
You know, this thread has given me an idea for a campaign (many thanks to an_idle_mind for this as he started the process). In my next campaign, I am going to ask the players to each pick a number from 1 - 3. This will be the number of draws I will make from a deck for them, the difference being they will not know what the number means, and the effects will take place over time. Some may become backstory events (you start as a noble, with ownership of a castle) or happen later down the road (a secret admirer sends you a gift of jewelry, valued at 10,000 GP or A hooded man - death - appears and challenges you to a duel). I think this may have some potential, thanks.
Cool idea. Plus, it takes my favorite nickname for the Deck ("Adventure in a Box") in a totally new direction. :)

lazarus1020

First Post
My first experince with the Deck was not a very good experience. I was a dwarven Cleric/fighter of the god Tempus in forgotten realms. I decided to draw only one card and sure enough I got the eminity of an outsider. Can we guess who the outsider was. Needless to say my character spent the next gaming session gaming finding his new faith.

Matthias_Gloom

First Post
I've only had one experience with the deck. Three draws. Pulled the throne twice, very cool. The third card, I don't remember what it was, but it was fairly inconsequential.
The biggest thing to remember when dealing with enchanted cards it to make sure you are prepared. If that means getting ready to roll up a new character, so be it.

Voadam

Legend
Least fond memory. Playing WFRP. The party thief (noncombat build but could flee like the wind) draws a card from a deck in loot we recover. He gets the xp one. The DM does not really convert the amount of xp from D&D to Warhammer xp levels and he advances through like 8 classes of full advancement becoming a master alchemist and spellcasting priest of the thief god as well as a master thief maxxed out. The rest of us are tough, I was working my way through judicial champion, but nowhere near him after his megaboost.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads