Defenders of the Faith Errata

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
As far as I can tell, there is still no official Errata for the Defenders fo the Faith guidebook.

Does anyone have a list of official, or semi-official, rulings concerning the Defenders of the Faith? I heard there is some from Skip Williams in Drag9on 286, which I do not have.

dvvega

Explorer
There seems to be only that information from Dragon ... here is a quick list of what I have ...

Maximise Turning = Empower Turning

Excorcists CANNOT turn Evil Outsiders. The sidebar is wrong, the text is correct.

Warpriest: 4th level prestige domain should be divination

Sacred Fist: cannot use weapons, spells do not count as weapons for their code of conduct ... they don't get level 0 and level 5 spells, only 1 to 4.

Hospitalier: first entry, Spells, is wrong, use spells per day, and table 3-7 should have +1 existing level at each level.

Hospitalier: gains turn undead at 3rd level not 1st and turns at level -2 (it stacks with previous turning).

Master of Shrouds: Ghosts and Vampires: cut the sidebar. Not supposed to be there.

Battle Rod: +2 morale bonus to Fear

Hunter of the Dead: turing ability stacks with other undead turning.

Armour of Speed: erratted to +6 or +7 modification (can't remember, and not 100% of the caring nature since I disallow it).

Chun-tzu

First Post
There's a page and a half on Defenders of the Faith in the D&D FAQ, including clarifications for the Sacred Fist, Hospitaler, and Knight of the Chalice, and some other stuff (like prestige domains). It's not as extensive as everything dvvega has mentioned.

Remove ads