Deicide: DnD 3.5 Epic - The Slaying of Cyric

Shayuri

First Post
"The druid Mysteries are surprisingly simple when looked at from the inside," Grandfather commented as he went to the portal. "Of course, simplicity can be much more difficult to apprehend than complexity, and takes a lifetime to master."

He nodded and at the nodded invitation of the Othlor, stepped through into a luxurious, cavernous space. He allowed himself a moment of private amusement, wondering how much of this spell's power had been devoted simply to 'being impressive.' He hoped a great deal, because it WAS impressive.

"I've always admired the Rashimi people," Grandfather said as the Othlor entered behind him. "They have taken strength from their trials in a way few humans can claim to have. And they've done so by living in harmony with the spirits and the Green...not by turning against them."

He turned to face the powerful Hathran. "But time is short, and I have much left to do. As it's been explained to me, the problem you all face is simple, yet all but insurmountable. You need to send someone, or someone's back in time to stop..." he hooked his fingers in the air "...you know who, from killing Mystra. This task demands individuals of great power and resourcefulness...and while people meeting that description are in no short supply here, you also need the cooperation of every faction to send them. This means that whoever you send can afford to have no enemies among you, lest they be afraid that the 'champions' will have a partisan agenda in the past that they use their future knowledge to further."

He cleared his throat.

"What you need, in effect, is a powerful stranger...someone willing to change that one thing you all wish changed, and the wisdom and self-restraint to seek no other changes aside from that."

"And what I need, is to convince you, and the others here, that I am one such person."

Malachei

First Post
With a shriek, the small figure jumps back almost 5 feet, his face full of horror. He stands wide-eyed, before he speaks, "Oh, oh, oh", his voice a fearful whisper, "But, but, but... these p-p-p-pestering, reputation-polluting rumors are canard, a b-b-b-baseless rumor, a parody, from problematic prowlers... believe me, Your Highness," and here, he inserts another funny bow, "I only read a book or two." And for more emphasis, he raises his hand as if to swear by his words.

Remove ads