D&D 5E (Deleted)

How many "pages" of House-rules/ Homebrew do you have for your game?

• 1. None. We play strictly RAW/RAI and make judgement calls if the rules are ambiguous.

• 2. 1 - 5 pages

• 3. 6 - 10 pages

• 4. 11 - 20 pages

• 5. 21 - 30 pages

• 6. 31 - 50 pages

• 7. 51 - 75 pages

• 8. 75 - 100 pages

• 9. 101 pages or more!

Results are only viewable after voting.

1-5 pages for my group. Every setting has it's own bits and pieces so it can add up but the homebrew stuff that sticks from setting to setting is probably 2 pages tops. We've also been switching DMs after each campaign so sometimes even those homebrew rules will vary based on the DMs preference.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Pages are entirely the wrong granularity. Just about any 5e game that used that to describe amount of house rules (vs. setting changes, which would be fine) would be a huge red flag for me not to join. Since the minimum non-zero is is 1 page "reasonably used/full" there is no poll entry I can truthfully answer.

My 5e house rules:
1. Inspiration is a reroll chosen after seeing the roll, not Advantage
2. Drinking a potion yourself is a bonus action.

Done.

EDIT: I enjoy a bunch of different game systems. 5e is my favorite D&D, but it's not my favorite D&D-like game. But 5e has the advantage of being everywhere. If I am going to play a game that's like 5e but different enough that I need to rememebr differences from the other games I'm in, I'd much rather have a clean break and just play a different game system.

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Pages are entirely the wrong granularity.
Then why bother responding? Honestly, 12 people have already voted and understand the concept, but you feel it is "wrong."

You either have none (option #1) or more than none options (any options NOT #1).

1. Inspiration is a reroll chosen after seeing the roll, not Advantage
2. Drinking a potion yourself is a bonus action.
If you put that on paper, you are using 1 page because you have them... Again, not hard to figure out. It qualifies as "reasonable used".

Sorry if the single word "full" after the slash threw you off.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Then why bother responding? Honestly, 12 people have already voted and understand the concept, but you feel it is "wrong."
I understand the concept just fine. I find the granularity wrong, and explained why - it was an edit so perhaps you started this response before I added it.

You either have none (option #1) or more than none options (any options NOT #1).

If you put that on paper, you are using 1 page because you have them... Again, not hard to figure out. It qualifies as "reasonable used".

Sorry if the single word "full" after the slash threw you off.
Sorry, I can't fill one piece of paper with two lines and still consider it "reasonable used/full and adequately formatted to my taste". You're very specific there. Walking back what you said when criticized doesn't make me incorrect. But now I know you didn't actually mean the word "full", at least there's a poll option I can pick.

Remove ads