Deliria RPG

Crothian

First Post
I'm not sure many people know of this. It has been out for at least a year now but it was only a few months ago I heard anything. Deleria is Faerie Tales for a New Millennium. I got to play a game of it at Origins and it was a lot of fun.

Deliria is an urban modern fantasy game. Cdharacter creation was a bit of a challenge as I was not sure what to expect. The game's focus is on character interaction and definition. Characters are defined more by words then the numbers.

The character sheets starts with "tell me a story..A tale I tell about myself". THis is to get people to just think about the character they are making., the story is brief, there is only 8 lines for it on the character sheet.

Next it goes into portait "you see me perhaps not as I am". THis is really how other people percieve you. I like this idea on a character sheet. There is also a place to draw a self potrait but unbless one is comforitable with their drawing ability, it is not needed.

The backstory "What past I am from" deals with relationships and connections with people.

Then the sheet asks for a pair of the characters passions ("My desires"), obsticles that stand in his way (" are thwarted..."), and of course secrets that would be devasting if people found out ("Dare I trust you?")

The game presents options for doing modernd fantasy. The game I was a part of had the group make up all humans even though some had magic and other abilities. The game does support other kinds of characters. We took part in a traveling market place that seemed to be run by goblins. We never found out everything so part of this is guesses based on the guy running it's being the auther of a new book for the game that deasl with goblin markets.

The book is one of those RPGs that can also be a coffee table book. It is full color and amazxing to look through. Even the first suppliment Everyday Heroes is full color and absolutely amazing looking.

THe writing and editing on all of it is sol,id. It's first job is to capture the feel of the world and showcase the genre, It is a fun and creative book to read. THe organization and finding things in the book though is not the easiest, but I also am not very familiar with it all yet. I just got the book Thursday and played once on Saturday.

I'm hoping some others have had a chacne to see and expereince this game. It is very well done and reading it sparks the imagination.

Last edited:

orchid blossom

Explorer
I picked this up a few months ago, and it is gorgeous and a great read. I don't have much hope of getting a group to play it, but it might sit really well for PBP.

Crothian

First Post
Mycanid said:
Hmm! THIS sounds interesting? Where'd you get it from Crothian? rpgnow or some other place?

I got it at Origins at their booth. The company is called Laughing Pan Productions. The main book is a 318 page full color hard back. Also, something I forgot to mention, each book comes with a CD of extra info. I haven't looked at it yet but it was described to me as an additional 100,000 words they wanted in the book but didn't want to dirve the cost of the book up that high. I imagine you could get it from any gaming store. If they don't have it in stock ask them to order one.

http://www.laughingpan.com/geeklog/

Mycanid

First Post
Thanks Crothian ... pretty smart about the CD thing. That's one way to drive the price down a bit.

I assume the setting for the game is the present time line? Or is it somewhat futuristic? Alternate reality a bit?

Crothian

First Post
On the CD is full color, many pieces from the book but they can be printed out this way. There is music and other things. I just loaded it and took a quick look.

THe setting is modern, but different. They actually have a bit about making your own modern setting. They have the real world and the fairey world. Deliria is actually the name of the place. It doesn't give solid dates or things like that. It is more for setting the tone and letting the group define these things as they are not that important to overall game. There is no meta plot that would make it important to play at one time period verse another that I have seen.

Mycanid

First Post
Crothian said:
THe setting is modern, but different. They actually have a bit about making your own modern setting. They have the real world and the fairey world. Deliria is actually the name of the place.

Wha? Could you explain more about this?

Also - what do the pc's primarily DO in this world. How are the "quests"/adventures carried out?

Is there anything like advancement in any way?

Please accept my apologies ... I always had a difficult time fully grasping diceless rpg's.

Remove ads