Deliria RPG

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
I think it's beautiful. my girlfiend (;)) calls it "Changeling done right". Coming from someone who has the complete Changeling series on her shelf... :)

Crothian

First Post
Infernal Teddy said:
I think it's beautiful. my girlfiend (;)) calls it "Changeling done right". Coming from someone who has the complete Changeling series on her shelf... :)

Changeling started out great. I too have a complete collection. Changeling though I feel went the wrong direction with the suppliments. Deliria is a similiar theme to Changeling but a completely different approach. Deliria doesn't define as much as Changeling did. Deliria seems to leave more of the specifics up to the individual groups.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Crothian said:
Changeling started out great. I too have a complete collection. Changeling though I feel went the wrong direction with the suppliments. Deliria is a similiar theme to Changeling but a completely different approach. Deliria doesn't define as much as Changeling did. Deliria seems to leave more of the specifics up to the individual groups.

Get, Dark ages: fae

not this,

Crothian

First Post
grodog said:
I met the Laughing Pan folks @ DunDraCon 2005 or 2004, and Deliria was pretty new at that time. It struck me, still, as very White Wolf-ish (not surprising given that Phil Brucato in one of the game's main designers): Changling with a dash of Mage, perhaps. At the time, Phil was looking for a company to produce a d20 version of the game, but I guess that's fallen by the wayside in the meanwhile. The art was pretty good (I met one of the artists too), as were the production values. I'm glad to see the game's still going; I wasn't sure it would differentiate itself sufficiently in the market to climb over the d20 hump/event horizon.

They never mentioned doing anything with d20, and hopefully the don't. I think d20 would not be good for the game. Their production schedule seems slow. I've heard that from many people and that might be a good thing.

jcfiala

Explorer
I got a copy for free as swag for running games (not for Deliria, but anyway), and I agree the book looks great. There's some mixed reviews on rpg.net, but if you really want to hear about how the game can be awesome, there's an actual play thread on rpg.net here (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=226401 ) that you should have a look at.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases