Delta Green: Operas and Avatars [d20 COC]

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
I think I'd like to go for a standard FBI/NSA/CIA agent. Military history, sure, but not so heavy on the guns. Just a lot of good investigative and research skills, maybe an advanced education in criminal justice and history. OK, a bit generic, but it should be fun! Can you help me bring this bad boy to life, Gomez?

TZ

Sure, here is what you do.

1. Pick one of these two options
A. Offensive Option - you have a good BAB progession, one good save and two bad (you pick which is which), and you get a free weapon proficiency feat. I am using the Bonus Defense by level varient from page 15. A Offensive Option characters Defense Bonus does not rise very quickly.

B. Defense Option - you have a slower BAB progression, two good saves, and one bad. Your Defense Bonus is much better though.

2. You pick a Profession Template - This gives you your class skills. Since you want to be a Government Agent, I think the Agent Template is what you want. You get the following class skills: Bluff, Computer Use, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Innuendo, Move Silently, Open Locks, Sense Motive, and three more class skills of your choice. If you want to switch out one class skill for another that fine by me. Languages are covered by a seperate Speak Language Skill. You are considered to know your native language fluently.

3. Skill points are determined normally. (8 + INT bonus) x 4 at first level and 8 + INT Bonus per level after that.

4. You get 4 feats. Two at 1st level and one at 3rd and 6th level. Tell me what kind of feats you would like and I will help you pick.

5. Starting Sanity is your Wisdom x 5. Please note on your character sheet what 20% of your current Sanity is.

6. After that I will help you with your income, starting funds, and equipement.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Alright, I'll play a MD/PhD research scientist.

Maerdwyn, since your character is a cop, what about an interaction between my character and yours during the anthrax scare a few years ago? Possibly our characters worked together on an investigation to track down the terrorists using some ambigous (and dead end) leads in Philadelphia?

Just working on him (Solomon Brown, 34 yr old detective in the PPD[Philadelphia Police Deptartment]) now. Maybe they worked together investigating someone (or a group) that ended up being unrelated to the anthrax, but was (unbeknownst to us) being either watched, investigated by, or working with DG. We/I got thwarted or otherwise set on red herrings that pushed us away from someone that DG didn't want us snooping around at the time. The investigative failure might have even scuttled my latest attempt to join the FBI :) Thoughts? Maybe I should move his background to DC instead of Philly?

Gomez

First Post
Maerdwyn,
I like the idea of him being from Philly. Since taitzu52 wants to do a FBI agent, how about Soloman finally gets hired by the FBI as a agent and you are assigned as taitzu52's new partner? We could start the game with him just arriving at the FBI headquarters and being introduced to taitzu52's character. Would that work for you guys?

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
My choices for a character would be a National Reconnaissance Officer satellite jockey or a gung-ho DEA pointman.

Those sound like good choices. I went to the National Reconnaissance website to get a better grip on what they do. What kind of officer would you be? Technical? Management? Or Interpretation?

taitzu52

First Post
Sounds good. My character is going to be a bit more of an analyst type, maybe a good foil for a hardened North Philly street cop? I'm going to go the route of observation and research, rather than stealth and gunplay. So...expect some high Gather Info, Knowledges, and Computer Use, as well as Spot, Listen, Search, and a couple of languages. FBI it is then, I guess I'll be living in the VA suburbs, Alexandria, or Arlington. Only quasi-gov folks, CDC and NSA live in MD, and NOBODY lives in the District.
(unless you're old Georgetown money, ghetto, or gay. :heh: )]

Ravensblood

First Post
It's good to see someone doing a DG game. I've been waiting forever for the D20 Delta Green to be released, so I could run a campaign of my own. Could you let me know what rules other than CoC D20, you intend to you. Any house rules to keep the DG feel, etc.

Thanks

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Gomez said:
Those sound like good choices. I went to the National Reconnaissance website to get a better grip on what they do. What kind of officer would you be? Technical? Management? Or Interpretation?

Interpretation - when we need the latest picture of the crop circle!

Hrothgar

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Just working on him (Solomon Brown, 34 yr old detective in the PPD[Philadelphia Police Deptartment]) now. Maybe they worked together investigating someone (or a group) that ended up being unrelated to the anthrax, but was (unbeknownst to us) being either watched, investigated by, or working with DG. We/I got thwarted or otherwise set on red herrings that pushed us away from someone that DG didn't want us snooping around at the time.

That sounds good, although it sounds we didn't know DG was behind our failure. How about after our early investigations in Philadelphia into a number of hoax letters containing only powdered sugar, the focus of the federal investigation was shifted to other cities. In the meantime, our own investigations in Philadelphia seemed to point to an individual sending the letters as some demented call for help. However, as you said, the investigations seemed to lead to dead ends or bureaucratic red tape that could not be traced to its source. With the anthrax scare dying down, my character was brought back to Atlanta.

What other suggestions do you have?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Hrothgar,
yeah, I was assuming we knew nothing of any DG involvement, if any. Just an idea I was throwing out there in case Gomez wanted to go with it - it would just bring us to their attention.

Here's a start on my character:

Solomon Peter Brown
Male Detective/FBI recruit (defense option) 6
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 231 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Str: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Dex: 16 (+2) [8 points,+1 level]
Con: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Cha: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Hit Dice: 6d6
HP: 26
AC: 16 (+2 Dex,+3 level)
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
Current Sanity: 60
Max Sanity: 99
20% sanity: 12
Saves
Fortitude: +2 [+2 base]
Reflex: +8 [+5 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +6 [+5 base, +1 Wis]
BAB: +3
MAB: +4
RAB: +6
Skills - 90 Skill Points (8+2/Level 40 @ 1st)
Class:
11 Bluff 8(Cha +1, Persuasive +2)
12 Drive 9(Dex +3) Switched from Open Locks, if allowed.
10 Gather Information 9(Cha +1)
08 Hide 5(Dex +3)
12 Intimidate 9(Cha +1, Persuasive +2)
06 Knowledge (Local: Philadelphia) 4(Int+2)
09 Knowledge (Street Smarts) 7(Int +2)
08 Listen 7(Wis +1)
07 Move Silently 4(Dex +3)
11 Search 9(Int +2)
10 Sense Motive 9(Wis +1)
09 Spot 8(Wis +1)

Cross Class:
03 Speak Other Language (Spanish) 1 (Int +2)
Feats:
WP/Pistol (1st)
Point Blank Shot (1st)
Precise Shot (3rd)
Persuasive (6th)

Languages:
English (native)
Spanish (3)

Equipment:
Savings - x$24,000
Yearly income - x$40,000.

Appearance:
Solomon is a tall, well-built, medium skinned black with somewhat handsome features . He is clean shaven, and wears no jewelry. The impression of his wedding band is still visible on his left ring finger, but a year after the divorce it is starting to fade. Solomon wears fashionable clothing and shoes, and always carries a pack of cigarettes or two.

Personality:
Solomon is prone to bouts of depression, but at most times is a pretty easy going guy with a love for his work, sports (especially the Eagles. He hates the Redskins, just like his father did), and religion, probably in that order.

Background:
Solomon was born in Philadelphia to an almost middle class family. His mom stayed home with him and his two brothers, and his dad was beat cop in the 39th Patrol district. Solomon wanted to to be just like him, but his dad instilled in him the dream of joining the FBI.

Solomon joined the force after a short and uneventful stint in the army right after high school, and married his now ex-wife Brenda soon after. He'd known her since he was kid, when they had gone to church together, and he had married her, thinking that this was pretty much expected of him. When she left last year, he was depressed more by the fact he had failed than by the actual loss.

As a black man without a college education, he knew joining the FBI was a longshot. First, he'd have to prove himself on the PPD. He needed to make detective quickly, Solomon knew that the fastest route was through working on the gang task force, and so he put his time in there for a few years before it really got to him. Looking back, he thinks these experiences may have done more to solidify his decision not to have children than anything else. He took and passed the detective's exam, and went to work in the Special Investigations bureau, based out of the 39th Patrol District in North Philadelphia. He applied several times to the FBI, but had always been turned down - the stated reason being his lack of experience.

Back in 2001, when DC was hit by the Anthrax mailer.... [will work on this more with inpit from Gomez]

Question for Gomez - does putting points into local knowledge of Philadelphia make sense form a meta-game perspective? That is, if we're not going to spend much time in Philly, would it be better to put the points somewhere I will be able to use them more?

Remove ads