• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deluxe DM Screen

Mercurius

Legend
I don't get it - why is this "deluxe"? And why did I spend $10 on it when it is basically the same thing as the first one, just re-arranged slightly with errata (and presumably no errors...one can hope) and new art. I'm not really bummed, I'm just not sure why I bought the thing.

It is interesting to note that it doesn't include page numbers as reference. I assume this is because of Essentials.

Styracosaurus

Explorer
Dm screen is just a good product to release every few years. It is nice artwork and I can use it for other games also. Ten bucks is a price point that doesn't bother me.

Thumbs up.

captainspud

First Post
It's "Deluxe" compared to the thinner laminated one from the DM kit, not compared to the old (pretty much identical) heavy screen.

malraux

First Post
Wasn't the old one also a "Deluxe" screen, ie that was it's product name?

Anyway, for $10, I get a screen re-organized for stuff that is slightly more useful and up-to-date errata. I'm not seeing a rip-off here.

edit: Apparently I'm wrong. The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Dungeon-Masters-Screen/dp/0786949279/ref=pd_sim_b_12"]4e screen[/ame] wasn't deluxe, but apparently the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Masters-Dragons-Roleplaying-Accessory/dp/0786934220"]3e screen[/ame] was.

Abstruse

Legend
I paid my $10. Should come in tomorrow. If I have the energy (getting that damn cold that's going around), I'll do side-by-side comparisons of the other 4e DM screen from 2008 or so and post it so you'll know whether to drop the money if you already have the nice thick-board one that came out with the PHB/DMG/MM.

Insight

Adventurer
I bought it last night before Encounters. It's not bad. Kinda nice. I wasn't using a screen for a while. Since this one is "landscape" oriented, I may try this out for my upcoming game this weekend.

I noticed no errors in the art.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm not really bummed, I'm just not sure why I bought the thing.
Well, don't ask me - I'm not a mind-reader (well, actually, I am, but unfortunately it doesn't work over the internet ;)).

On a more serious note:
Comments like this always leave me scratching my head. Why are there so many people buying things unseen or without trying to find out anything about them first?

Remove ads