• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deluxe DM Screen

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Well, don't ask me - I'm not a mind-reader (well, actually, I am, but unfortunately it doesn't work over the internet ;)).
I am, and I knew you were going to type that. B-)

I like the new screen. The "landscape" element makes a big difference. I used it a couple weeks ago and it was very helpful. Even when I'm a player I keep the DM screen handy--it's quicker to look most things up than using the books (PHB & Rules Compendium, mostly).

Abstruse

Legend
I got mine in today. It's identical to the original 4e DM screen that was released a few years ago (NOT the one in the DM's Kit) in terms of quality. There's different art and the tables have been rearranged to be more useful during play. It's really worth upgrading if you have the spare $10 and you don't have the tables in question memorized. Cardstocks the same, really durable, and it's landscaped so you can look over it to the game table much more easily.

Zinovia

Explorer
I've stopped using a screen altogether, except for my iPad where the module resides. I do keep my old DM screen handy for reference, including the monster knowledge check rules and DCs that I pasted over something relating to experience. I don't need that info in play, and do need the knowledge checks.

I roll all my attack and damage dice openly now. It is refreshing.

Matt James

Game Developer
WotC has embedded little transmitters that force you to buy their products without making the decision for yourself. I'll send you $5 for it if you want to mail it out to me. That way you can get half of your money back, and I can have an extra screen that I find value in. :cool:

kaomera

Explorer
On a more serious note:
Comments like this always leave me scratching my head. Why are there so many people buying things unseen or without trying to find out anything about them first?
It's a disorder called "MHS", common to many geeks. I myself have returned home from the FnsLGS to discover that I have, without any conscious realization, purchased products for games that I don't even play!

kaomera

Explorer
Yes, but does it have a space to record the phone number of the local pizza joint and what the various members of the group like on their pie?

smtwtfs

First Post
Yes, but does it have a space to record the phone number of the local pizza joint and what the various members of the group like on their pie?

yes, 3rd panel under the Difficulty Class by Level table. I suggest a 3M sticky note just in case pizza joint changes and/or the players.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I have decided to buy this because it will make looking things up a lot easier. My group (and me as a DM) has never used DM's screens.

Some GMs do not need things to hide behind.

I prefer running.

Remove ads