Demons and Desecrate

I have a large lair full of demons guarding a cult that wants to release the Demon Prince of Madness.

I was wondering if there was a spell, ability, or item that would grant similar protections to the demons like desecrate and unhallow do for undead. Bonus to hit and HP, things like that.

As the DM I could just hand wave it and say "it's like unhallow but demons and not undead" but I was wondering if there was anything official.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Let's try.

First of all, Unhallow is good for demons. It is a permanent Protection from Good and protect demons from attacks and spells from good-aligned adventures. Also, you can attach some nice spell which works either "only to the followers of Demon Prince of Madness" or "only to non-followers of Demon Prince of Madness". If you want a similar effect as Desecrate, Aid spell gives "+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th)"

A Demon with Marshal (Miniatures Handbook) class level. Marshal's aura is always on while that marshal is conscious. Ideal for a Demon commander. Because a Demon never sleep.

Similarly, Magic Standards in Complete Warrior, especially Standard of Heroism, will be good for a Demon standard bearer.

If temporally buffs are OK, Demon spell casters with buff spells wil work, so as Demon Bards.

S

Sunseeker

I totally misread this thread as "Demons as Descartes", which I find philosophically fascinating....that's really all I had to say.

Remove ads