• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deployed Military D&D Game Day! (needs you!)

Reaper Steve

Explorer
(Mods: please leave in the 4E section for max visibility while in the infant stages. Thx!)

Great news for military members (like me) that will be deployed during D&D Game Day: we will be able to participate!

I inquired with WotC about the possibility of hosting a Game Day event at my deployed location, and their response was overwhelming. In the span of one PM, two emails, and a phone call, I went from hoping to DM a single group to cheerfully taking on the task of trying to coordinate D&D Game Day for as many locations in Iraq, Afghanistan, & Qatar as possible. WORLDWIDE D&D Game Day indeed!

If you are in the military and will be deployed to the Middle East for D&D Game Day and would like to participate, please let me know!

Specifically, I'm looking for the following:

An event coordinator for major locations, such as Bagram, Balad, and Al Udeid (I'll be hosting at Kandahar!) I suspect that each of these locations could support a proper Game Day event of 5 groups. Likewise, I need an interest count of DM volunteers and interested players.

If you are not at a major location but can commit to DMing a group of 5 players, I can get you a scenario pack as well. My goal with this is to ensure units in the field have the opportunity to participate!

Volunteers need to be at their deployed location no later than the last week of May so I can get supplies to you. You will also need to be in a position to properly coordinate your event. You'll need to provide a report of how your event went--hopefully with pictures--so that we can show WotC our appreciation!

If someone would like to volunteer the skill required to make a website to support and promote this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Standby for more words...
In the meantime, I can be reached at: info (at) militarygameday (dot) com
If interested, please post here so we can grow a participant list!

Last edited:

Aurick

First Post
I seriously regret not thinking of this when I was still in the Marines...

I hope it goes well for you guys :)

Nosey Goblin

Explorer
Hey Steve,

I'm currently in Basra at the COB with the UK Med GP Hospital. I should still be in theatre for D&D Games Day (either here or at the Camp Beurhing in Kuwait) unless I get rotated back early and I'm up for running something. I dunno how many gamers I can find here at the COB, but I think Camp B has a fair few from seeing some Eberron stuff on sale in the PX.

If I can be of help, let me know.

Regards,

Shane

Mindseye

Explorer
kheris said:
What, if anything, can a fat civilian like me do to assist you folks? ;)

My thought exactly...........anything the rest of us can contribute or do to help this event and give a thank you to those who serve?

SuperJosh

First Post
I linked this over at the dragonavenue.com forums, I know we used to have some military posters there, not sure if they are still around, but hopefully it will help some.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Everyone,
Thanks for the encouragement so far. As far as helping... I just need help getting the word out. I know there are plenty of D&Ders in the military that are deployed, but the trick seems to be tracking them down. I'm trying the gamer channels first. Hopefully this will get the attention of enough people who will spread the word. Secondarily, I could go through military MWR channels, but I'd rather have my own 'staff' in place before coordinating with them.

So, what can you do?
1) Spread the word however you can. Copy my OP and post it on other boards with a link here.
2) Tell your military buds, who may tell others.
3) Ask someone you know with web skills to make me a webpage.

Shane... you're in if you like! Please spread the word to anyone else in theatre that may be interested.

Nosey Goblin

Explorer
Reaper Steve said:
Shane... you're in if you like! Please spread the word to anyone else in theatre that may be interested.

Steve,

That I can do! I know one of the presenters for British forces radio here in Iraq, so if/when you want a radio announcement to the British forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan I can probably jack that up. Likewise I can throw somehting out through the base welfare office to get the word around. If you shoot me an e-mail to travelling_shane *at* yahoo.co.uk I'll send you my in-theatre phone/secure e-mail contact details and we'll see what else I can do to assist.

Regards,

Shane

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads