Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

kookalouris

First Post
Earth, earlier ---

At Ramirez's news, Pat positively beamed with wonder and surprise that even a Norca might have trouble faking.

-"Mr. Ramirez. Thank you. On this mission, I will perform as if not just my team is at stake, but my family as well, which now they are. We do understand each other."

Pat bowed to show newfound respect, the Asian custom was now at least universally understood, if not typically used. The Norca would have shook hands (the teenager would have hugged) Ramirez but he didn't want to risk becoming the man's twin or otherwise offend.

With that, Pat positively strode out of the room to follow his team...

Luna, now --

Since Earth, Pat had been the essence of quiet observation and cooperation. Outside the armory, Pat said quietly to his newfound teammates.

-"Should we split up or stay together? For myself, I've usually evaded the law and kept secrets so I won't be the best at finding secrets or enforcing the law. But, after Ghost, I'm probably the best 'muscle', so who and how can I help?"

OOC
[sblock]
I'll put some notes of Pat's equipment requests and other comments in the OOC/recruiting thread.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Kerry put a fiberweave clothing as he looks at teh guns. He then choose to take two guns, a Bulldog F-40 as his main weapon, and in case things got really bad, a Stavros could always be usefull. He took extra clips for his Bulldog only. He put them both in a concealable holster to not show them to the average person and make them nervous.

"I think we should split. We will be able to cover more tracks. I would like to go to the Bealac Clinic. But I'm a doctor in Neotic and not medecine, and someone who have some skill in it should come with me."

Ithuriel

First Post
Earlier in Kenya...

With her forearm mounted Stienhardt mini's screen flipped open, Suria scanned through the briefing documents wordlessly. "I don't know about the "Beaulac connection" but I would say you are definitely onto something with the Cantor attack here Agent Ramirez. This is absurd! Four side arm toting security guards took out an Aberrant?" She smirks, "Not likely. And this Incident Report- what is this? There is blame to go around I'm sure, but post-humously BLAMING an Aberrant massacre on loose radio protocol? An unidentified mutilated corpse pops up in the middle of a quarantined station, but doesn't warrant a mention in their Report? I can't even believe what I'm reading here." Shaking her head in disgust she flips the mini's screen closed and eyes Ramirez seriously, "No worries Agent. If there is anything to be found here, we'll run it down. I'm honored to make your short list."

On The Mockingbird...

Suria goes through the briefing notes for a while longer, before settling back to listen to some music. While the music plays, she discretely takes note of her teammates- identifying and storing their psychic imprints in case she should need them.

At Trinity's Olympus branch...

"You have a point about splitting up Kerry. You are the obvious choice for the clinic. On the other hand- I could reasonably encourage one of their doctors to be straight with us about John Doe since we don't have one of our own. Maybe some of our military minds might like to take a look at the aftermath of Cantor Station?"

"To be honest though, I'm going to have to take some time tonight to shop before the shops close. As much as I like them, I can't run around for the duration of this investigation in one set of clothes."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Carlos selected a Voss laser and tucked it away in a holster under his arm. A fiberweave suit was also grabbed and draped over one arm for changing later. He leaned up against a wall and listened to the others disect up the tasks ahead of them.

"So that leaves the Freak Alley collapse and few missing people. Ramirez wants the body explained, but we may as well take a look at everything while we're up here. No sense in shoddy work.

There's enough to do that we could all go our own ways. But I think that undermines the point of their being a group of us in the first place. There should probably always be at least two of us on any given task. Different perspectives on whatever we find."

Velmont

First Post
"There is also Cantor," correct Kerry "but in that case, I would wait. It is too far form here."

"I suggest you go on the other team, Suria. Your power would be too easily detected with so many Vitakinetics in the clinic. I would rather go with McKnight. He..." Kerry look at Pat a moment, hesitating on the he or she terminology for Pat. "He has a good background in medecine and could confirm or infirm the result easily."

"You syhould go into teh Freaky Alley. You are very scocial and where you skills fails, you power can help. You should go with Ghost. He is a good figther and if trouble come, you'll have backup."

"For Carlos... I think we would need a bit more social skills on our team to have more cooperation from the doctors."

kookalouris

First Post
Pat nodded in acceptance of Kerry's suggestions and smiled sympathetically at his teammate's pronoun confusion. There were no gender-neutral pronouns in English but 'He' could be used generically as a poor workaround.

-"Kerry's ideas are better than anything I could come up with. I am cool with them unless any one has other suggestions."

Post-related OOC
[sblock]
To not hold back the game, both this character (and this player) are cool with whatever the group decides. Pat will go with Kerry unless other decisions are arranged at by the team.

Otherwise, should the group divide up any other way, Pat will go with the smallest group that will have him (should the groups split up evenly, Pat will go where Ghost doesn't, only because Pat and Ghost are the group's two major combatants, IMO.). Players and GM may automatically write that into their posts if they want to...
[/sblock]

Ithuriel

First Post
"Fair enough," Suria smiles and winks at Ghost, "That means you get to go shopping with me. I bet you can't wait."

"Listen Kerry, since we don't have a doc, you could always pick up some software. If you can find it you might be able to upload a medical forensics package to your mini. Forensics might be restricted to cops," Suria shrugs, "I don't know maybe our liason here can help with that. General medical though is pretty common for the ships and colonoes where docs are in short supply."

OOC: Kerry actually has no skills in Medicine or Investigation, but Pat has studied Medicine. With a 3 he can probably pull off a decent second opinion autopsy if you need it. Carlos has a little Investigation so you are covered there. But if you want programs to enhance your agent they are only one dot each and you buy them separately to add up to whatever rating you want. They have to be specialties of a skill though. So a 5 in First Aid or whatever is 5 one dot purchases.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Beaulac Clinic

The clinic, while fairly modern, was built along the old style of Luna constructions; it was dug into the ground. A central lift connected the many sublevels of the clinic to the surface, in the Wroclaw Sector. The walk-in led to the mezzanine, just below the moon's surface while The roof was a landing pad for hoppers. The subsection 0 connected to its own dedicated LAMP (Luna Automated MagLev Pneumatic) station that opened directly in the admission room. It was that latest option that the investigators used to reach the clinic since Trinity's HQ were themselves located next a station.

The clinic was a madhouse 24/7. The largest Aesculopian clinic in space and Luna's premier hospital, it saw hundreds of patients checking in or out at any hour. The personnel had the harried look of people working in a war zone. The room itself probably looked much the same as any hospital's admission area had for the poast two centuries, except for the biotech sample collector used to help in the triage and the integrated media/entertainment units fitted in the chairs of the waiting area.

Ramirez never warned the Beaulac clinic to expect investigator and so there were no reception committee. A placid receptionist lady in her fifties or a young intern of african descent on duty for triage seemed the best available bet for an introduction.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Freak Alley

The challenge was to find the exact warren that had collapsed. It was in none of the modern maps and short of making preparations worthy of an archeological expedition to find the old, pre-space brigade* plans, the best bet was simply to locate a local guide willing to take the investigators there.

At any rate, they had found the general neighborhoud. It was near the Beaulac clinic but much deeper under the surface. Life around here was unpleasant in the extreme. It was a beggar's nest and a smuggler's haven. The tunnels were poorly lit by jury rigged lamps with power stolen from Olympus grid and some corners were just pitch black.

Still, there was reasons to be hopeful. Given the nature of the homeless life, there had to be people around here who not only could direct the Trinity agents to Freak Alley, but who had been there when it collpased on the 29th of January 2020. After all, this date might be a footnote to the upside citizens, but for others it had been the end of the world and human nature would draw them back.

*the Space Brigade were the aberrants who conquered the moon at the height of the Aberrant War.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Carlos shrugged slightly, turning to the others.

"I guess the straight-forward approach?"

Then he turns and walks up to the receptionist.

"Hello. We wish to speak with your mortician."

Remove ads