Describe your last rpg session in 5 words

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Reminiscing together about old times. (got together for lunch today with two buddies, one of which I haven't seen in ages and was the DM for the other two of us 30+ years ago.)

pming

Legend
"Way too many players involved"

I'm in an online game with family and friends spread all over the place. I'm actually playing for once (Deep Gnome Paladin... ;) ), and there is the DM and, including me, 7 players. Too many for my general liking. I thought it might go smoother using VTT (more automation and such), but the time it takes for anyone to do something means that if we all state what we are doing, and maybe get a resolve or roll, that takes a good 3 to 5 minutes; so at 4 minutes average there is about 24 minutes between me being able to do something.

Normally this doesn't bother me...I get quite a bit of enjoyment watching other players and PC's do stuff...it's like watching a TV show or movie! :) BUT...and I mean this in the nicest way possible, a couple players are just...hmm... "not well suited towards my own preference of play-style". I like my games to be 'normal', with a dip into dramatic/intense, and unplanned/surprising humour. When a Player goes out of their way to be "dramatic all the time", or constantly trying to "joke around and act the fool" (even if he excuse is that it's "my character"...:( ), it just gets to me sometimes.

Huh. Sorry for the mini-rant there. Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads