Detroit-Dearborn 3.5 Campaign

DonTadow

First Post
I am looking for a player to join my ongoing campaign, Chrystaria. Chrystaria uses the 3.5 dungeons and dragons rules but uses the core book, Steampunk OGL as the primary supplement for races, classes and feats.
The campaign is 20 sessions in and the PCs are just starting a new campaign arc. Their world, chrystaria, is caught up in a world war as they are sent to recover seven weapons that could turn the tide. They find all seven weapons, but escape into an unknown portal to a new world. Now they will have to find a way back to their world and escape the being whom they stole the weapons from. Because this portion of the campaign involves a lot of planar travel and adventures, settings range between traditional fantasy, to ravenloft type dark fantasy to steampunk fantasy.

The players (of one of which is my wife) currently in the group range in age from 22 to 31 and are experienced d and d players. The campaign features political intrigue, planar travel, dangerous dungeon excavation and city wide mysteries.

I have 8 years of experience as a DM and have won 2 national DM championships. I use a very fast and realistic pace for games, concentrating more on story and action and less on nitpicky rules and trigonometry. I utilize a method where the entire game is played in character. We use digital projectors for map and stereo music to set mood and atmosphere. The game is every Sunday from 4:00 to 10 p.m. in Dearborn (94 and greenfield).

We are looking for a player who loves role playing and commit to a once a week game on Sunday evenings. An internet website, www.chrystaria.com, is integral in the campaign. as working adults, we rarely have the time to play 8 and 10 hour marathon sessions. The website is a place where Players communicate between games, write character journals, post summaries and do little between adventure things while earning XP . We're looking for players who are willing to spend at least 15 minutes out of the week on the site between games writing journals and voting for player of the week.

If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please contact me and we can discuss the game more.

Last edited:

MDGames

First Post
hey-

I'm new to the ann arbor area and used to be involved with a role-playing oriented group in cinci. Still looking for new people? There is potentially one other person who is interested (he is also more into characterization than stats).

We are 27/8

my email- zhantrim@hotmail.com

corkraggen

First Post
Gamer in the area

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a bit more info on the game ie; when do you play, and roughly how far you would be from m59 and 53 as they are my closest major intersection. My name is Chris and I recently moved here from Cincinnati. I am over 30 years old and am reliable on showing up. I have recently gotten into Modern but am interested in a game that will have some longevity and allow me to develope a charactor. PLease let me know if you are interested. My e-mail is corkraggen@yahoo.com

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
Hi mdGames/coreyla, I sent you an email earlier. I was a bit confused, did you mean you guys are 29 and 28? (It says 29 and 8). Whom is the other player by the way

Hi Corkraggan, You either stay out in Troy or Rochester Hills? My girlfirend works out there. I'd say the drive for you is between 30 to 40 minutes depending how close you are to the freeways. I like to think my games are worth it ;).

We play on Sundays between 4 to 10 though because of the recent player loss we're starting later around 5 and still ending at 10. I'd like to get back to the earlier 4 time though. I'll shoot you an email too.

corkraggen

First Post
Game time

I actually live in Sterling Heights, but I am interested in your game. I'm not the most familier with 3 or 3.5 as I haven't played since "2e" but I'm a quick study and can buy my own books so as not to be a burden.

DonTadow

First Post
corkraggen said:
I actually live in Sterling Heights, but I am interested in your game. I'm not the most familier with 3 or 3.5 as I haven't played since "2e" but I'm a quick study and can buy my own books so as not to be a burden.
Hi Cork, I"ll go ahead and shoot you an email and we'll go from there. I will say that 2e is very much different from 3.5 but the learning curve is not too harsh if you're not too attached to the older editions. also, the campaign is low magic, high adventure and hte magic system is signficantly weaker than even 3.5. In any case, The email covers a good portion of everything else.

Remove ads