• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

GlassEye

Adventurer
I was Tonx prior to the crash. When my account was deleted I took the opportunity to reinvent myself :D But, as Tonx, I had submitted Silas the Caernite for your game. I'm still interested in playing so I'll resubmit Silas so you can take a look and see if you still are interested in him.

[sblock=Silas' history]Silas Eyrstan, known as the Caernite, was born amidst blood and tears in the town of Fair Creek to a mother who did not long survive his birth. Weeks later his father, a skilled stonemason, returned to Fair Creek from the Dorinthian capital where he had been employed in making repairs to the High Temple to find his wife buried. When the midwife placed the robust baby boy in his arms he found he could hold no resentment in his heart but only love for his child.

The next years were tough. A succession of cruel or indifferent housekeepers left Silas disinclined to leave his father’s side and the elder Eyrstan disinclined to forbid his son anything if it were within his power to provide. Luckily, Silas’ only desire was to be at his father’s side. Throughout his childhood Silas learned a fair amount of the stonemason’s trade by doggedly following his father as he travelled the lands repairing the great structures of Dorinth or building new architectural wonders.

It was the intent of both father and son for Silas to apprentice in the stonemason’s craft. That is, until the elder Eyrstan was hired to work among the crew expanding the keep of Baron Karadore. The stonemasons were instructed to salvage stone from a nearby ruin. Silas found the ruin a site of endless fascination and spent countless hours roaming through it. Fascination became near obsession when young Silas discovered runes carved into the walls deep within the ruin. Though the runes were totally foreign to him he spent hours studying them, tracing their shapes in the dirt, and finally begging, borrowing, or just plain stealing what paper he could to make rubbings of the runes before the stonemasons could come to take the stone.

Totally absorbed in the making of one of his rubbings, Silas was discovered (and, quite frankly, nearly startled out of his wits) by a short fellow, stocky as stone. The fellow’s irritation and gruffness melted away when he discovered Silas’ passion for the runes and it was only a short time after that Silas was able to convince his father to apprentice him to the odd scholar.

Silas’ apprenticeship was one of excited discovery. Language, history, architecture; the scholar encouraged Silas’ passions for it all, provided method for the young man’s researches, and awakened and trained his latent talent for manipulating the forces of magic.

Years passed, his apprenticeship ended, and Silas became known (in a very small circle, however) as a promising young Caernite scholar. He married, had a child of his own. And then disaster: the Nestrav Empire invaded Dorinth. Unable to let other men bear the brunt of defending his family and country, Silas charged his aging father with taking his wife and son to safety in Fair Creek and set off to war where his education allowed him to take the position of adjunct to a low-ranked officer.

After Dorinth’s Last Stand Silas wearily made his way to Fair Creek only to find the town deserted. In exhaustion and despair for his family, Silas collapsed. Found by one of Radnal’s Ruffians, Silas was led to the refugee camp in the Silver Forest where he was reunited with his family. With the looming threat of the Nestravians and their dark allies, Silas will do what it takes to find a safe haven for his family…
[/sblock]

[sblock=Silas Eyrstan]Silas Eyrstan the Caernite
Male Human Wizard (Abjurer) 1
Neutral Good

Str 15 +2
Dex 9 -1
Con 14 +2
Int 17 +3
Wis 10 +0
Cha 9 -1

Hit Points 6 (1d4 + 2 Con bonus)
AC 11 (15 with Shield spell), Touch 9 Flat 11 (+2 armor, -1 Dex)
Init -1 (-1 Dex)
BAB +0 (+0 wizard), Grap +2 (+0 bab, +2 Str)
Speed 30 (base 30, load 0/?)
Fort +2 (+0 wizard, +2 Con), Ref -1 (+0 wizard, -1 Dex), Will +2 (+2 wizard, +0 Wis)

+2 Melee, quarterstaff, 1d6+3, 20/x2
+2 Melee, dagger, 1d4+2, 19-20/x2
-1 Ranged, light crossbow, 1d8, 19-20/x2, 80'r

Medium, 5'4", 156 lbs., 27 yrs old
Red hair, blue eyes, pale skin

Speaks Common, Dwarven, Giant, and Gnome

+6 Concentration (4 ranks +2 Con)
+4 Decipher Script (1 ranks +3 Int)
+6 Knowledge (Arcana) (3 ranks +3 Int)
+7 Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) (4 ranks + 3 Int)
+5 Knowledge (History) (2 rank +3 Int)
+4 Knowledge (Local) (1 rank +3 Int)
+0 Listen (0 ranks)
+3 Profession (Stonemason) (3 ranks)
+4 Search (1cc rank +3 Int)
+7 Spellcraft (4 ranks +3 Int)
+0 Spot (0 ranks)

Feats
-Scribe Scroll (wizard bonus)
-Extend Spell (human bonus)
-Rapid Reload (1st level)

Wizard Abilities
-Summon familiar—may summon familiar

Spells Prepared (CL 1, +2 melee touch, -1 ranged touch; ASF 10% (10% armor)
0th- Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Light, Resistance (S)
1st- Magic Weapon, Shield, Shield (S)

Spellbook (22 of 100 pages used)
0th- All cantrips (except Illusion & Necromancy cantrips)
1st- Burning Hands, Comprehend Languages, Magic Weapon, Mount, Protection from Evil, Shield

Special
Specialized in Abjuration school magics.
Unable to cast spells from the Illusion & Necromancy schools.

Leather Armor (worn, 15 lbs.) 10 gp
Explorer’s Outfit (worn, --wt) --gp

Dagger (belt left, 1 lb.) 2 gp
Quarterstaff (right hand (usually), 4 wt) --gp
Pouch, belt (belt front, .5 lb.) 1 gp
Spell component pouch (belt right, 2 lbs.) 5 gp

Crossbow, light (left shoulder, 4 lbs.) 35 gp
Bolt case (10 bolts) (right shoulder, 1 lb.) 1 gp
Backpack (center back, 2 lbs.) 2 gp
Bedroll (below backpack, 5 lbs.) 1 sp

Waterskin- water (backpack, 4 lbs.) 1 gp
Torch (x2) (backpack, 2 lbs.) 2 cp
Flint & Steel (backpack, --wt) 1 gp
Trail Rations- 2 days (backpack, 2 lb.) 1 gp
Spellbook (backpack, 3 lbs.) 15 gp

Coins- 0 gp, 8 sp, 8 cp (pouch)
[/sblock]

Land Outcast

Explorer
UhU! Lvl 2!!!!... I'll have to create a complete charsheet... eventually :p

2 Weapon fighting, yeha!

Oh, on my answer to the dialogue: I'm "loading"

BTW: what about the "loot"? I took the liberty to add the Mwk. Chainshirt to Alexander's equipment, but what about the rest?

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Land Outcast said:
UhU! Lvl 2!!!!... I'll have to create a complete charsheet... eventually :p

2 Weapon fighting, yeha!

Oh, on my answer to the dialogue: I'm "loading"

BTW: what about the "loot"? I took the liberty to add the Mwk. Chainshirt to Alexander's equipment, but what about the rest?

Liberty huh?

Let's see... Mwk Chainshirt (250gp), Garnet (40gp), 2 Unidentified Vials (?), Rusted Spear (2gp?), Tarnished Dagger (2gp), 2 Shortswords (20gp), Belt Buckle (?), Change (12gp, 45sp, 8cp)

314gp item value, 12gp, 45sp, 8cp; not including the two vials or the belt buckle, we should each get 78.5gp item value, 3gp, 11sp, 4cp. With 2cp left over.

So, while it's a nice thought, it will in no way balance out, especially to the mind of Rix less you see fit to reimburse the rest of us the difference (which is quite a lot).

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Welcome on board, Silas the Abjurer! Please make him level 2. We can say he gained some experience fighting to get to Fair Creek before and now he gained some more while clearing the abandoned town with Randal's Ruffians. The elven delegation's leader is also called Silas, but I'll annotate him by his full name or by his race when we have dialogues.

Rogue's Gallery is here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162272

Max hp for first level, 75% of max hp for each additional level, rounding up.

Items: The halfling merchant family, the Risenthropes, are currently buying items for half their value and selling for double their listed value since items are limited. You are hoping that when trade opens up you may get a better deal. It is up to you how your party will distribute wealth found.

We'll continue individual dialogues later (must go to work now), then figure out XP for the goblin raid (500 XP + bonuses), close out the chapter by tomorrow, and then by Monday I'll start the new chapter.

Ferrix

Explorer
D20Dazza said:
"Should have left the damn orc to die if he's going to be stealing the chain shirt" Kel mutters to himself ;)

Now that's the attitude! Oh wait, we're supposed to disagree. Argh... contradiction and I implode. ;)

Question

First Post
Im not quite sure in what direction to move my PC now. Im thinking of using a thin/light blade, then swapping out oversized 2WF for racial weapon proficiency.......but im not sure how thats going to work.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Question, I'll definitely allow the party to do tweaks to their characters for now, since you were getting the 'feel' of them and the story in chapter 1. I don't see myself allowing changes once we get into chapter 2, so please be aware of that.

This includes filling out your character sheet in case you only placed a partial post in the rogue's gallery (like Alexander's and Danica's character sheet).

That reminds me, does anyone know what happened to Kobold Stew? He just stopped posting one day.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Maybe, but I don't have that book. This game incorporates the three core books and every other rule from other books can be negotiated, but I might shoot it down.

Remove ads