• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC:

[MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]: Please change out your items on your character sheet now. I'll give you a few hours before I continue this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Party Order is:

Needles
Chernguk
Pickwick
Fergus
Hardnose
Union Workers

The longspear would work well in tight conditions, as it could be used to stab past Needles if he was in melee and the longspear wielder was behind him. Instead he has a crossbow shooter behind him, which is also fine.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
OOC:

That seems fine, although Chernguk would want to scout up ahead, out of the range of light of the rest of the party. If that is where Needles is going, then that is where he will go to back him up. If Needles doesn't want to do that, then he will do it himself.

With 60' darkvision, I don't really want to be in teh light of the headlamps or sunrods. And, just to be clear, the crossbow is made out of recycled sewer bits that he's found over the years, so its not inordinately polished or shiny. In fact, I would say its rather grimy, but in good working condition.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Chernguk and Needles take point, about 60 feet away from the party in order to avoid the chance of being caught up in their light. When they are stopped at intersections they wait for the party to catch up and for Stubby and Red to issue directional commands. "The left passage! Straight on for 200 feet! Stop! Left again! No right! You're other right!"

This goes on for a good twenty minutes, your footsteps echoing in the drier passages of the tight sewer tunnels and splashing in the rarer areas where water had collected and not drained.

OOC: Chernguk and Needles, make a Listen Check. If you make a DC 15 check, roll a Spot Check.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Alright, I would also like to roll for a Hide and Move silently while we were traveling in the dark. The first roll is Hide, second roll is Move Silently, third roll is Listen, fourth roll is Spot.

Alright, got a natural twenty Listen check!

So 24 Hide, 14 MS, Nat twenty Listen, and 18 Spot.

IC:

Chernguk attempts to move close to the wall of the tunnels, peering around every corner cautiously while listening intently. He grips his crossbow in a tactical ready position, the butt of the weapon brought up to his shoulder. He does his best to avoid the water wherever possible, minimizing the amount of noise he makes while remaining aware of his surroundings.

As the engineers shout out directional orders, Chernguk grumbles in annoyance. They didn't need to shout and announce to the entire sewer that they were there, Chernguk didn't feel that he wanted to save some stupid dwarf that got eaten by a mutated monster rat.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
As the group moves along, Needles enjoys the rare times when the dwarves are quiet. They were a loud and boisterous bunch, and Needles begins to think on the times when the dwarven Sewer Rats enjoyed a nice brawl in the taverns.

Rolling Hide/Move Silently/Listen/Possible Spot

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Chernguk and Needles
[sblock]
Both of you hear a shriek from somewhere ahead. The sound seems distant, but moving back and forth along the tunnel. For a brief moment Chernguk sees the fluttering of wings at the edge of his vision. Whatever it is, it seems to take up half the tunnel.
[/sblock]

The party gets closer to the scouts as the scouts crouch and listen.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
OOC: I'm a bit embarrassed to admit but I don't know how to make a spoiler section. Help?

IC for Needles/GM:

Chernguk whispers with a quiet hiss to Needles."I see something flapping... maybe a tunnel bat. Big." He slowly raises the sight of his crossbow up to his eye, attempting to track the elusive and dark flapping thing. He didn't want to waste a bolt if he didn't have to, but he was almost certain the thing would attack if those damn noisy dwarves came around the corner.

OOC: Roughly how far away is it, and roughly how large is the tunnel?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles turns to the others behind him with a single finger to his lips, showing them to shut up and keep the noise down. He then peers down the tunnel, trying to spot what Chernguk had described as a large bat.

"We can either take care of it here, or lure it back to an intersection. That way we can all help in dealing with it. How far back was that last intersection?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: The creature is just outside of 60 feet, flying back and forth along the tunnel. The sounds of your travel must have gotten its attention, but your stealth has blinded it to the scouts' actual location.

The tunnel itself is a little more than 5 feet in diameter.

And to create a hidden block, you type in the following without spaces:

[ s b l o c k ]
Blah Blah Blah
[ / s b l o c k ]

[sblock]
Blah...
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Hardnose signals the two dwarves that he is going to stop by holding his hand out, stops and draws his sword. he then stands ready to see what is going on.

[sblock=OOC]You can also give the block a label by using
[.sblock=Blah]blah blah blah[./sblock] (ignore .)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads