Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Artemesia says, "You can leave any equipment you want at your lockers at our building or leave them here. I also have this scroll tube you can use to carry the summons. We can seal it using some wax from candles I have here, which should prevent water from leaking in."

OOC: Who will take the brass scroll tube for the summons that Artemesia provides?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles holds out his hand, saying, "I can take it. Won't mind delivering the news personally, if you know what I mean."

He then checks his gear, noting that the new tools might come in handy. Might not, but only one way to tell...

ghostcat

First Post
"It allright Miss Artemesia, I won't litter up you office. I'll put my spare armour in my locker." says Hardnose. "So anyone else want to help carry the equipment?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The group continues to discuss who is carrying which pieces of equipment as they leave the office and head towards the sewers. They walk for another quarter mile unimpeded through dark tunnels before arriving at the entrance to the duct. The opening lies about six feet from the sewer floor, and although the walls are covered with a film of mildew and moss, there are enough handholds in ruined spots of the wall to allow climbing.

OOC: Need the party order. DC 10 climb check to make it to the duct.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Gunzuul will go somewhere in the middle. Not that he's averse to mixing it up close but he reasons that he can make ranged attacks from a bit further back in the line.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Gunzuul climbs up easily enough, then helps the rest of the party up one by one, though he insists on staying in the middle of the order.

OOC: No one else needs to make a climb check.

ghostcat

First Post
Hardnose positions himself at the front of the party and leads them through the tunnels until they come to a spot where climbing is necessary. At this point he stands back and leaves the climb to the more agile members. Once Gunzuul has helped the other party members up, he assumes the lead and sets of down the new tunnel.

[sblock=OOC]Hardnose will be carrying a lit sunrod[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Gunzuul takes the lead followed by the rest of the party. The party traverses the duct in relative silence, alternating between shuffling and crawling in the limited confines of the passageway. They realize a human or elf would be forced to worm crawl the entire way. A half-orc wouldn't fit at all.

It seems to take forever, but eventually the party sees a small glint of pinpoint light at the other end of the duct. The light slowly grows as the men continue forward until they realize they are coming upon a torchlit passageway. They are now at the first obstacle, and can see the next duct they must enter high on the wall on the other side.

OOC: Make a Listen check.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles had been quiet for the most part, keeping to the shadows. When the first obstacle presented itself, he stops, taking the time to get an idea of just how many observers they would have to get by.

Remove ads