Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

ghostcat

First Post
Hardnose was just about to stick his head out and try to bail Gunzuul out, when the "ladies" said they were going to take him to where they wanted to go. While he was thinking through the implications of this, Fergus joined Gunzuul.

Hardnose also climbs down while saying "OK mate.They have caught us fair and square. Put your axe away and we'll go see their boss."

OOC: Who's got the letter?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, so Gunzuul, Fergus and Hardnose are surrendering while Needles goes off on his own, using stealth. Needles has the letter so this should work fine.

Gunzuul, Fergus and Hardnose
[sblock]
The three of you are taken down twisting passages by the goblin woman and shuffling ogre. In your mind you realize you are heading towards the goal you were assigned to in the first place: an abandoned sunken hall in the sewers. You pass other small groups of travelers who look at you curiously, mostly being older goblin women.

The two guards dressed in leather armor and holding spears in front of the hall look you up and down and collect your weapons, putting them in a closet and handing you claim tickets for when you leave the festivities. It seems as if only Mr. Sabatini's men are allowed to stay armed.

The elderly goblin eventually brings you to a sharply dressed and portly older goblin with a tall top hat. He smiles a smile of yellow teeth and says, "Mrs. Wartington and Ms. Ethel, I'm glad you could make it. What is it you brought here with you?"

"Some never-do-wells, Mr. Sabatini. I figured you could put them to work like some of the other misguided boys."

You notice a stage in the center of the hall, where stands several young male goblins and kobolds. They look tough, but grim as if awaiting some fate with reluctance.

Mr. Sabatini studies you with a careful eye. "These aren't exactly ruffians my dear. They look a bit too seasoned. Well boys, out with it. Why are you hanging around here? You don't look like the types decked out for just mere mischief."
[/sblock]

Needles
[sblock]
It takes some time before you reach the next obstacle in your planned expedition. The vertical piping that will lead to the water pipe. A steady dripping a rain and sewage water comes from various ducts above you, causing the vertical pipe to be slick with layers of slime and sediment. From where you are, the pipe descends 30 feet into water pipe R-4-X. It is nearly perfectly circular and there seems to be a lack of rails or footholds. If you had party members, you could have used them to anchor yourself, but you will have to be inventive with your available equipment.
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
DT, Gunzuul, and Hardnose

[sblock] "No ma'am. We are up to exceptional mischief." replies Fergus with a wry grin. "We heard about this gem that the Company of Silver Blades dropped and left down here in the sewers., so we wanted to come see if we could find it" [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=DT, Gunzuul and Fergus]Hardnose spends most of the trip through the passages muttering under his breath; cursing Needles for disappearing with the document. If he'd just surrendered with the others the mission would be as good as over now. Instead they are reduced to playing a waiting game.

Although Hardnose has devised an excuse for being in the sewers, he considers Fergus' better. So decides to go with it. Considering that the current circumstances don't require a response from him, he remains silent.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[sblock]
Mr. Sabatini smirks slightly and hooks his fingers into an expensive-looking leather belt. It seems he believes your answer to be reasonable enough.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut your explorations a bit short, lads. At least until the Women's Society Charity Gala is over. But I will give you two choices... either you can attend the gala locked away in one of the nearby chambers until we are finished or you can participate. If you choose for us to lock you away, I promise to have you freed up in a matter of hours and you can go your own way peacefully. There are some who want to squash our celebration, after all, and I don't want taking a chance on you accidentally giving a hint on what's going on to others.

If you decide to participate, you'll join the other young lads in being auctioned off for the night to the ladies. The auction starts off the event, followed by a dinner and my closing speech. The ladies get to bid on each of you, and whoever wins you gets to have you be her dinner date for tonight's event, and promise to do chores for her in her home the following day. The better you make yourselves look while up on the stage, the higher the bidding. Make the crowd and your 'date' happy at the gala, and you'll make me happy. Make me happy, and I promise the group of you one boon from me within my power to give.

So what will it be?"

[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Gunzuul thinks, Women's charity? Yeah, right. I doubt that the funds are going anywhere but Sabbatini's pockets.

Out loud, he says, "Well I don't know about looking good, but I'd rather have a meal than be locked in a room for hours. I'm in!"

ghostcat

First Post
Listening to Mr. Sabatini's description of the auction, hardnose quickly picks up on the fact that it bears not relationship to Sir Silvershield's slave auction. Although its possible that their boss has been misinformed, Hardnose somehow doubts it. Still he doesn't want to go off half-cocked, so he checks if Sabatini is evil and tries to determines if he is telling the truth. While doing this he covers up by considering his choice. In the end he decides to play along with the auction up until the time that someone attempts to put shackles on him. "I don't know." He says uncertainly. Looking at Gunzuul he continues "Well. If you think its alright."

[sblock=OOC]Detect Evil
Sense Motive (+6)

Please note. Hardnose is being careful not to mention anyones names.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[sblock]
Mr. Sabatini is glad for your acceptance of his offer and you are led to the stage where there are about half a dozen other goblins. After he leaves you take a moment to scrutinize them. They keep their eyes downcast and seem despondent, as if awaiting some dark fate. After a few minutes of awkward silence one with a facial scar stretching from forehead to cheek shuffles near you and asks, "Oi, lads. So what did you do to be condemned to this? Theft was it? Assault?"
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles checks the gear, wondering just what the others had left for him to use....

OOC - What gear was left? Hoping they left the rope, etc, but I will need a count of what I have to work with for this miracle to happen.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles checks the gear, wondering just what the others had left for him to use....

OOC - What gear was left? Hoping they left the rope, etc, but I will need a count of what I have to work with for this miracle to happen.

Remove ads