Diaglo - to bring a tear to your eye

shaylon

First Post
Good find. Sounds like they are in great condition!

Most of my old modules are pretty torn up. I bought most of them used so it isn't all my fault!

Hope you find a 1E PHB and DMG and have your night of nostalgia. I still have all my stuff in anticipation of someone from my group commiting to that night.

-Shay

glass

(he, him)
Shadowdancer said:
Contrast with Traveller, in which the old grognards and gearheads get angry about the newer editions, and criticize those who play them. :confused:
That happens with D&D too. I believe 3tard is the insult of choice. :heh:

glass.

Quasqueton

First Post
For playing [AD&D2], it took me four hours to make a character, and I ended up using 12 or 13 books for it. And he was a 3rd level character! Dwarf fighter/thief, with 95% open locks and 95% find traps... at 3rd level. Sigh.
Wow, you really went out of your way to make it complicated.

Quasqueton

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I have Tomb of Horrors in the same condition that I got for free. A friend of mine sent me about a dozen 1e modules, most in like new condition, that she found at a yard sale in Oregon. I lovingly put them in a safe place so that no harm would come to them.... until I decide to run my players on revamped versions of them.

diaglo

Adventurer
Keeper of Secrets said:
Diaglo, isn't S1 to modern for you? I figured you would not recognize anything past Keep on the Borderlands.
i buy all the stuff i can when it comes to D&D. even if i'm not gonna use it. it (S1) sat on my shelf.

took the PCs years to achieve the levels needed for S1. as a one shot, i convinced them to pull their PCs out of retirement to play it. shortest adventure i ever ran.

10 total minutes. from beginning to end.

we hit reset and they tried it again. this time it went the whole session. similar result to the 10 min try.

Sammael

Adventurer
Quasqueton said:
Wow, you really went out of your way to make it complicated.
PHB + Player's Option books + Complete X Handbook books + Complete Book of Dwarves + various FR books = complicated. On the other hand, PHB alone didn't give my character any real options, which is why I had to use the other books.

Remove ads