Dice sales to fund Black Lives Matter

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He was asked for his opinion, and gave it. Why the passive-aggressiveness?

It is not passive-aggressive to note that, if their basic concern is that they want to get away from the issues of the real world, they can rest assured that this does not drive those issues into their play.

Seems a cool and quick way to raise funds for an important cause. Sure, paying for virtual dice might seem weird to me, but really, the way I see it is that the virtual dice are just a perk - what's important is the donation itself.

That being said, I'd be all-in on a physical dice fundraiser.

Reynard

Legend
I saw this on the DnD main page and not sure how I feel about it. Not sure how long we can even talk about it without devolving and having the thread shut down.
Frankly I am surprised it took this long for virtual dice to become a thing. I am expecting it to become a pretty standard microtransaction (purely cosmetic, of course) for VTTs. If people are willing to buy a virtual hat for their Fortnite or Warcraft toon, why not cirtual dice?

On the subject of the charity it supports: good. I'm glad. TTRPGs have been a primarily white, male middle class hobby for a very long time (unsurprising given that its origins among white, male middle class wargamers). Each successive generation of gamers has seen diversity increase, though, and now we have a far more interesting and diverse player and designer base than ever before. As such, many more of our fellow gamers are likely to be affected by issues such as racial injustice, so it is important that we, as a community, show solidarity and welcoming. IMO obvs.

Remove ads