• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did Monster Builder not update yet?

Thraug

First Post
I'm disappointed the new maths, and DMG2 alterations, haven't been applied to the MM1 monsters. They should have at least added an option to use updated monsters or monsters as written in the manuals. This wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Lord Ernie

First Post
Maybe it's just me, but the program seems to run much more smoothly after this update. Editing a monster, saving it, etc. takes a few seconds rather than half a minute - a big improvement, IMO.

The interface update and new monster format are just icing on the cake.

Jack99

Adventurer
Maybe it's just me, but the program seems to run much more smoothly after this update. Editing a monster, saving it, etc. takes a few seconds rather than half a minute - a big improvement, IMO.

The interface update and new monster format are just icing on the cake.

I was just about to say that I could feel no difference at all, but I then realized that my anti-virus had been running an extensive scan ><

Jurph

First Post
What about exported-from-monster-builder XML monsters?

Posting to subscribe; hoping for an answer on how to bring MM3 into Masterplan, since WotC has now created an (intentional? unintentional? convenient?) countermeasure for the download feature of the legacy version.

avin

First Post
The usual letdown, at least for me, was the lack of themes/templates being included.

Already expected they won't be changing MM1 monsters...

sev

First Post
  • You can no longer search for just a power. While in the reference list, you can drag powers over from a monster you're already looking at, but if you're just hunting for the perfect Lightning attack for your custom monster, you can no longer search without an existing monster in mind.
This feature's still there, it's just much harder to find now:
The "Ref. List" tab defaults to searching monsters. In the heading (maroon, where it says "Monsters" in white) there's a pair of icons that let you switch between searching monsters & searching powers.

sev

First Post
(regarding masterplan)
What about exported-from-monster-builder XML monsters?
This did not work for me. My test came up with all the attacks missing entirely, and much of the statistics (size, speed, resistances, speech, alignment) garbled.
Posting to subscribe; hoping for an answer on how to bring MM3 into Masterplan, since WotC has now created an (intentional? unintentional? convenient?) countermeasure for the download feature of the legacy version.
I doubt we'll see a mass-download solution. I do, however, expect to see masterplan updated to read the new export format, so we can at least import custom monsters. (and if not, it's XML. A converter can be written. I might even do it myself.)

SabreCat

First Post
I'm holding out for http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/DnD4eCM to get updated to use the new statblock format, but I'm psyched about this. I expect some of the other odd bugs will take another month's update to get ironed out, but as long as there's at least one reliable workflow that gets all the right stats in place, this is a big improvement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads