Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

There seems to be one Wal-Mart ad (or set of ads?) that is slipping between whatever settings wrangled pop-up ads a while back.

It does the full Fandom site thing where it highlights the edges of the page before going full-screen and making you scroll past it, while also popping up from the banner ad at the bottom of the page.

(running Chrome on Android)

Dire Bare

Legend
There seems to be one Wal-Mart ad (or set of ads?) that is slipping between whatever settings wrangled pop-up ads a while back.

It does the full Fandom site thing where it highlights the edges of the page before going full-screen and making you scroll past it, while also popping up from the banner ad at the bottom of the page.

(running Chrome on Android)
Yeah, noticed that too. The new ads went from intrusive to super intrusive recently.

There's got to be a way to get ad revenue for ENWorld without the ads being so irritating and intrusive . . . right?

Yeah, noticed that too. The new ads went from intrusive to super intrusive recently.

There's got to be a way to get ad revenue for ENWorld without the ads being so irritating and intrusive . . . right?
They'd had a rough patch shortly after getting onto the new ad platform. They'd gotten things wrangled back more or less to the status quo shortly after.

Only really see the problem behavior with the one Walmart ad, and that only started in the last day or two. The good news is that it seems to be out of my ad rotation now. The bad news is that I don't have a screenshot of it to show the behavior.

Thomas Shey

Legend
They'd had a rough patch shortly after getting onto the new ad platform. They'd gotten things wrangled back more or less to the status quo shortly after.

Only really see the problem behavior with the one Walmart ad, and that only started in the last day or two. The good news is that it seems to be out of my ad rotation now. The bad news is that I don't have a screenshot of it to show the behavior.

Though that add is particularly annoying, I'm still finding I absolutely need to close two adds (one on the right side, one on the bottom) if I plan to use my notifications. Every time.

I got "lucky".. screenshots included .
1000002992.png
1000002993.png

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Are the ads here to stay?
This question's been asked numerous times during this thread, and the response has been nothing but radio silence. My guesses:

a - they're here to stay but nobody wants to come right out and say it; or
b - it's still a work in progress but nobody wants to come right out and say that either.

Orius

Legend
I suspect the ad software is deliberately designed to make it as hard as possible to turn the crap off. I'm still willing to give Morrus the benefit of the doubt, and intrusive advertising does seem to be getting more and more common on the web in general.

Remove ads