• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did you survive 1-20?

hvg3akaek

First Post
I have a 4e game going at work (a few lunchtimes a week). I've had the same character from 1st to 27th level so far. He's died once (level 20), but it was whilst I was DMing (and thus not paying full attention to his abilities).

We rotate the DM, as there are only 4 of us, and up until early epic, this was OK (allowing the DMPC to follow the group); now, with epic characters being as much maintenance as they are, we just have 3 PCs.

We also ruled at the start that with death #1, we can be raised. death #2 we can ebcome a revenant. death #3 is permanent.

One player has died once (eladrin wizard) at level 14. Another player exchanged characters between adventures (level 5) and his character (now a revenant warlock) has only died once.

The final player has had 7 different characters over the same period of time, and they have died 9 times between them. His current one is an unhittable minotaur barbarian, and *might* survive.

Remove ads