D&D 5E Different approach to buying the core books in 5E

What is your buying strategy for 5E?

• I will buy the 3 core books come Hell or water high.

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • I wll buy the PHB and then read it to see if I buy anything else.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • I will research the subject, read the books where I can and see.

Votes: 42 46.2%
  • I will not be buying any 5E books.

Votes: 5 5.5%

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I kept waiting for the "surprise! Each one of these is an actually already in 4E" article, but it never came.

And how do you know if that wasn't the plan and he just left too soon? To me it really sounded as if he was presenting the better parts of 4e to us non-4e folks.

BobTheNob

First Post
Whether I buy the core book has nothing to do with 4e, it all comes down to how.

I want PDF, not printed. I was digital registered ownership. If they insist on paper only (like they rather contraverisaly did in the past in an piss-poor attempt at DRM) they will not get my sale. I need the rules on my PC, in my hand and on the iPad.

Welcome to the new age, evolve or die.

Dannager

First Post
Has Monte actually came out and said he does not know anything about 4E or is this just people reading between the lines?

He has been a game designer for a long time I don't think it would take much for him to be able to grasp what the other designers are saying.

I agree, and it strikes me as implausible that Monte Cook wasn't at least moderately familiar with 4e's mechanics. And that's precisely why some of us find some of his writings so remarkable.

Remove ads