WotC Digital D&D advent calendar from DnDBeyond

pukunui

Legend
Dec 21 is a coupon for 20% off the DDB version of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons.
Dec 22 is a coupon for 20% off the DDB version of Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.
Dec 23 is a Happy New Year card you can print out. The picture on the cover can be colored in.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Well, I was hoping for something more interesting for the final day, not that I am complaining about free stuff.

I have to say, in my case, that this was effective marketing. I don't go to DDB and read the news articles and announcements often. Usually I log right into my content to look up rules etc. But this novelty of the ADVENTure calendar enough to get people talking about it here in ENWorld, which is how I found out about it. I learned about both D&D themed clue, monopoly, and trivia pursuit games from the Adventure Calendar and bought the Clue and Trivia Pursuit ones immediately with the discount.

One thing I could think they could have done that would have been more powerful for marketing would be to offer content on D&D Beyond. A free short story, some fun holiday themed classes or races, etc. Things that might be of interest to more than just DMs and interesting enough to get people who don't already have DDB accounts to sign up for the free account.

Again, can't complain about free offers and discounts, whether I'm interested in them or not, and I have to say--at least in my case--it was an effective marketing campaign: I spend USD 85.49 after the discount and before taxes).

Voadam

Legend
One thing I could think they could have done that would have been more powerful for marketing would be to offer content on D&D Beyond. A free short story, some fun holiday themed classes or races, etc. Things that might be of interest to more than just DMs and interesting enough to get people who don't already have DDB accounts to sign up for the free account.

I got a lot of great free PDFs from the kobold press advent calendar. I was surprised they were able to entice me with two of their deep sales on individual big pdfs on days that did not have free download small ones.

I thought I would get something from the WotC advent calendar. I had already downloaded the Dragonlance stuff before I found out about the advent calendar. Nothing else WotC put out enticed me. They could have easily had free DnD Beyond individual actual D&D tidbits from race stuff to class stuff or spells or magic items or monsters, small individual things of possible use and interest. I was expecting at least some of it to be that. In hindsight the WotC advent calendar was all a waste of my time.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I feel the need to defend it because folks are whinging over the quality of something offered to them for free that presents no notable burden or cost to them.

"I want better free stuff!" isn't exactly an attractive look in the season, you know?
Truth.

Remove ads