WotC Digital D&D advent calendar from DnDBeyond

Dire Bare

Legend
If WotC hired me as their guy behind the holiday advent calendar . . . .

Instead of dropping the entire MC 2 on Day 1, I'd drop one freebie item a day. A monster, a magic item, a spell. These could be previews from upcoming products, or like MC 2, related to but outside other releases. At the end of the calendar, I'd offer a compiled version.

Each day would also bring a coupon like what we are getting now.

Today there was a coupon for a store selling D&D-branded version of games such as Trivial Pursuit and Yahtzee.
I am disappointed... even if it was just "2-3 monsters from this adventure/supplement" I would have preferred it. This feels like an ad/coupon instead of candy. Heck if it was off buying any 1 book on D&D beyond I would feel better...

Oh well I hope some people get to use it for some Christmas shopping.
That was yesterday for me. The next one is 10% off D&D branded t-shirts.
3 days of just glorified ads...

If WotC hired me as their guy behind the holiday advent calendar . . . .

Instead of dropping the entire MC 2 on Day 1, I'd drop one freebie item a day. A monster, a magic item, a spell. These could be previews from upcoming products, or like MC 2, related to but outside other releases. At the end of the calendar, I'd offer a compiled version.

Each day would also bring a coupon like what we are getting now.
We'll see what else they offer, but yeah, getting MC2 (which was pretty fantastic!) on day 1 set the bar pretty high for 3 days of coupons to follow.

Remove ads