• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dinopriminals and Phantasy Prehistorium (Nym/Omarka)

xidoraven

Explorer
Finally updated the Sabrenal, though I haven't given it sigilry feats yet. I also have the Ankylonal ready and I want to get it up before I get too busy with schoolwork/gaming/visiting the Michigan Renaissance Festival/watching my mom play Valkyria Chronicles.

Your original text had the ankylonal as Gargantuan, but I downsized it to Huge. The basic concept I had for this is of a big tank that can sit there and take damage but deal plenty of damage when needed. My original idea for this one involved it having a Whirlwind Attack-like ability with its tail slam, but I decided to transfer that ability to the stegosinal.

Good choice with the Whirlwind Attack switch. It makes more sense that way. Great SLA choices from what I could see on first look. Ankylonal still needs feats? It has a boatload of HD - makes me happy to think that there is a decent challenge out there now. ;)

I live in Oxford, MI - about 20 minutes east of Holly (which is actually where I used to live, and grew up). Where are you from? I haven't had a chance to go to Renfest this year yet.

xidoraven

Explorer
Nymian Sigilry & Sentience Collars/Devices

Sentience Collars:
Sentience Collars, Generic:
Enlightening (+3 Int, +3 Wis, Comprehend Languages - Common + One Chosen Bonus Language only)
Warmachine (+2 Str, +2 Int, +2 Wis, Comprehend Languages - All)
Sentience Collars, Animal Dominating:
Lesser (+4 Wis, Dominate Animal - Collarbound, w/ Amulet of Remote Control within 1 mile of each other)
Greater (+3 Int, +2 Wis, +1 Cha, Dominate Animal - as above, Mass Hold Animal - target can be collarbound animal or any creature within radius of spell-like effect centered on the collarbound animal's collar)
Sentience Collars, Patronic/Compassionate:
Least - Protective (+2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 magical deflection bonus to AC, 1/day - protective circle against evil, centered on collarbound animal's collar)
Lesser - Offensive (+3 Int, +2 Wis, +1 Str, +1 insight bonus on all natural attacks, Comprehend Languages - Common and one other bonus language, 1/day - any one 3rd-level offensive divine or arcane spell)
Greater - Healing (+3 Int, +3 Wis, +1 Cha, Comprehend Languages - any, +4 to all Heal checks made within 30 feet of collarbound animal's collar, Heal Moderate Wounds 2/day as spell)
Variants & Additions:
+ Tongues, Audible Speaking Voice (Su)
+ Detect Thoughts at will, and + Telepathy (Su) w/ any creature within 20 feet who speaks and can understand a language
+ Alter Self, and +4 bonus to Disguise checks made to mimic another animal
+ Collar components built into armor barding/segments, etc.
+ Grafted Sentience Items

Nymian Sigilry (pdf file)
(Feats [Type] = Art of Sigilry [General], Imbue Sigil [Item Creation], Action Sigil [General], Truename Sigil [General], Effect Sigil [General], Augment Sigil [General], Compound / Complex Sigil [Item Creation], Fast Scriber [General], Bonus Sigil [General], Experienced Sigilry Mentor [General], Spiritual Sigil [Epic], Metasigil Augmentation [Epic, Metasigil])

Last edited:

xidoraven

Explorer
Very cool on both new dinopriminals. I like them. I figured Sarchinal would be a little bigger, but advancement is fine too. I think anything with 16 or fewer HD should probably also have a Level Adjustment, even if it does seem ridicululous... You just never know who might be inclined to make a PC or NPC off of one.

My ex-boyfriend lives in Plymouth - it seems like a nice place. ;)

New Sigilry document update - please check it out, I think you will like it (even if just for a short review/scan of its updated material).

Nymian Sigilry, Draft 4
[URL="http://elftown.com/stuff/nymian-sigilry_04.pdf"][/URL]

Last edited:

xidoraven

Explorer
I have the Lambeonal (Tsintaosaurus) nearly finished, and have begun working on the Ceratopsinal, Poseidonal, Tortoisinal, and Eohippinal (Torosaurus, Sauroposeidon, Archelon, and Hyracotherium).

I know that I am for sure going to make Lambeonal and Eohippinal both powerful users of sigilry with multiple feats. Now that I have a template for sigil descriptions (similar to a spell or power description) I will be able to safely create some for their intended uses. Every creature who uses Nymian Sigilry will have at least one sigil - their Identify Sigil.

I will post that here:

Identify (Self/"Name")
[Identify]
Craft (Sigilry) DC: 10
Personal Expenditure:
None
Imbuing Time: 1 round
Repeat: 1d4 rounds

An Identify Sigil is unique to each sigilry user, and it is used to identify them to other sigilry users. It can also be used to verify a sigilry user's identity if it is in question. An Identify Sigil is always attached to a sigilry user's truename - but does not hold power directly over the truename itself; that is always designated to a Truename Sigil for the intended creature or target.

Notes: Identify Sigils can be augmented and compounded when created, but this is a standard Identify Sigil without any further changes or additions. These sigils are not Identify (Dual) Sigils - this is the sigilry user's true Identify Sigil, and not a copy or false identity. Unaltered Identify Sigils never require the Personal Energy Expenditure that other sigils often do.

Last edited:

xidoraven

Explorer
I finally have the Stegosinal ready, but I'm waffling on the CR. Is it closer to CR 18 or CR 19?
The Toss and Dorsal Plates abilities are stolen straight out of the Stegosaurus from Dragon 318.

Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/evil and silver, darkvision 60 ft., dorsal plates, immunity to electricity and petrification, lay on hands, low-light vision, resistance to acid 10, cold 5, fire 5, and sonic 10, speak with animals, spell resistance 32, tongues
Skills: Concentration +30, Craft (sigils) +21, Diplomacy +27, Handle Animal +7, Heal +22, Intimidate +27, Knowledge (nature) +26, Knowledge (Nymian sigilry) +21, Knowledge (the planes) +24, Listen +26, Spot +26, Survival +26 (+28 in aboveground natural environments, +28 on other planes)
Feats: Alertness, Empower Spell-Like Ability (mass cure moderate wounds), Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (tail slap), Improved Natural Attack (tail slap), Iron Will, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 18? 19?
Advancement: 21-30 HD (Huge), 30-40 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: -

A stegosinal's natural weapons (and any manufactured weapons it may wield) are considered magic and good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Stegosinals are quadrupeds and lack opposable thumbs; therefore, they cannot wield traditional manufactured weapons.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At will – detect evil, detect poison, magic circle against evil (self only), neutralize poison, remove disease, shield of faith; 3/day - cone of cold (DC 19), mass cure moderate wounds, restoration; 1/day - mass heal, polar ray, regenerate. Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Skills: A stegosinal has a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Survival checks and a +8 racial bonus on Craft (sigils) and Knowledge (Nymian sigilry) checks.

By the way, thanks for taking some of the work off of me. If you would be so kind, could you also make the Pangolinal and Mammothinal?

Great - and yeah, I was feeling bad about how slowly I was working compared to how fast you have been busting them out. ;) Pangolinal can be done soon because Eomanis is done in the other thread here - Mammothinal is gonna be from a culmination of gomphotheres... Which elephantine from the ones known would you say is the biggest, most intricate tusks, and most wicked stats?

I assume that since it has sigilry skills and racial bonuses that you will give it Art of Sigilry (B) - adding that, and upping SR to 34/35 and DR to 18/20 I would say CR 19 and LA of +7. Advancement HD is repetitive at 30 HD.

So does this manufactured weapons statement mean that I can make wicked exotic weaponry that fits onto body parts like appendages, tail, and plates? Sweet. ;) It also sounds like this quadruped creature should be offered at least some semblance of anthropomorphism beyond that - so let's say that it has opposable thumbs that are not fully developed enough as to fit your description (cannot hold weaponry or heavy items, but similar enough for anthro appearance), and limited biped movement (1/2 base speed, no running) and fully quadruped speed as is.

So with cone of cold and polar ray, there will be a slight coldness twist on this one? That will be kind of cool for illustrations of it - thick furs or something.

I like the relation between the two dinopriminals for the purposes of guarding sacred sites and their tactics. Round by round tactics would be great in this instance - though it is good enough as is for the current needs. ...I think that's it.... But I am scatterbrained right now.

I assume that since it has sigilry skills and racial bonuses that you will give it Art of Sigilry (B) - adding that, and upping SR to 34/35 and DR to 18/20 I would say CR 19 and LA of +7. Advancement HD is repetitive at 30 HD.

So does this manufactured weapons statement mean that I can make wicked exotic weaponry that fits onto body parts like appendages, tail, and plates? Sweet. ;) It also sounds like this quadruped creature should be offered at least some semblance of anthropomorphism beyond that - so let's say that it has opposable thumbs that are not fully developed enough as to fit your description (cannot hold weaponry or heavy items, but similar enough for anthro appearance), and limited biped movement (1/2 base speed, no running) and fully quadruped speed as is.

So with cone of cold and polar ray, there will be a slight coldness twist on this one? That will be kind of cool for illustrations of it - thick furs or something.

I like the relation between the two dinopriminals for the purposes of guarding sacred sites and their tactics. Round by round tactics would be great in this instance - though it is good enough as is for the current needs. ...I think that's it.... But I am scatterbrained right now.

Yeah, I forgot to give it Art of Sigilry. BAKA! (smacks head)

Yes, my statement 'can't wield traditional exotic weapons' was intended to leave open the possibility for using strange and exotic weapons made specifically for the stegosinal's physiology. My original intent was for it to be bipedal or semi-bipedal, but I started drawing pictures of all the dinopriminals I had made and it came out looking more like a common stegosaurus, complete with elephant-like feet.

Remove ads