• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"He's in a guest room. I can show you there after breakfast."

I've noticed trust is something that many are loath to give, and from what I've been through, I understand why. But understanding does not make the hurt of distrust any easier. Don't give up Sister."

"It doesn't matter any more, Vasha...I frankly don't care who trusts me any more...the only man for whom I cared rejected me and died hating me...that is the hardest pain of all."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you."

"Sometimes the hardest love is the one that doesn't love us back, but that doesn't mean we should give up. My father's heart was big enough to love the world, and I believe in my heart that there was some special spot for you, even if he was never able to tell you so. But I can see this subject hurts Sister. Believe me when I say it will heal, and I swear to you I will help."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I'm sorry Alyz, and I wish I could do something about it, but remember I love you, and so does Louteah. I'm sure there are more people who are able to love you as well."

"I should go see Zythryd now, i want to be there when he wakes."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sure, I will take you there at once."

*Alyz leads Vasha to a room where Zythryd sleeps peacefully, though he does seem a little bit pale.*

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you Alyz, and I'm sorry I keep bringing up such painfull memories." She gives Alyz a tender kiss and a tight hug. "I'll watch over him till he awakes."

Vasha takes a seat next to the bed and watches over Zythryd, a warm smile on her face over how peaceful he looks. She sits quietly and waits.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*After a few hours of sitting and watching, Vasha's vigilance is rewarded as Zythryd's eyes flutter open.*

*He yawns and props himself up, looking around the room. When they settle on Vasha, tears come to his eyes, and he holds up his hands in front of his face, trembling as he gazes at them in horror.*

"Vasha...I...I'm so sorry. What have I done? These...these hands...I tried to kill you with them, to choke the life away..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Dear Zythryd, you are hardly to blame for what was done to you. If it had not been for my actions, you would have never known such pain."

She smiles, and a single tear of join falls from her face, as she takes Zythryd's hand in hers. "I'm here now, and you're safe."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"But, I...After all they...I felt the hatred for you overwhelm me, and I wanted nothing more than to make you suffer, to hurt you...It was awful, and it must be how Vrymiin feels all the time...How can I live with myself when I wished you such malice?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"The same way I have to live with causing you such pain. One day at a time."

"Look deep down in yourself. See inside your true heart, and tell me how you feel."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads