• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dire Boars loose in Alabama

mearlus

Explorer
Wow. The funny thing about this is my cousin sent me an email w/ a bunch of pictures on this pig. Everyone wasn't sure if it was real or not. A front view image shows some pretty massive teeth, at least they look like teeth w/ the resolution of the images.

It's like live action Princess Mononoke. Friggin' giant pigs. Good thing he killed it, instead of just letting it fester and grow evil. That worm-creature-pig-thing would have totally ruined their lives.

Also, WTF giant pig?! No, really. I can't fathom a pig that size.

-TRRW

SiderisAnon

First Post
Rant

Dragonhelm said:
I wonder how many HD this thing had...
The problem is not the HD, the problem is in how it was DM'ed.

I mean, REALLY, a four-man party (boy, dad, two trackers) go up against a Dire Boar and not a single one of them takes so much as one HP damage? Come on, they weren't even wearing armor and didn't have any magic items. What was that DM thinking???? Did someone replace his D20 with a D10 or did he just not have any idea of monster tactics?

{And now we return you to your more sane world...} ;)

Celebrim

Legend
SiderisAnon said:
The problem is not the HD, the problem is in how it was DM'ed.

I happen to know the DM, and He has this house rule in which injured or frightened monsters have to pass a 'morale check' our else they do things which don't actually maximize thier challenge - like for example run away rather than fight. It really buries the CR of most challenges, but it's His thing.

Also, He has this house rule called 'physics'. It doesn't seem to have caught on much. Most DM's I know complain that it involves too much math.

Hussar

Legend
Celebrim said:
I happen to know the DM, and He has this house rule in which injured or frightened monsters have to pass a 'morale check' our else they do things which don't actually maximize thier challenge - like for example run away rather than fight. It really buries the CR of most challenges, but it's His thing.

Also, He has this house rule called 'physics'. It doesn't seem to have caught on much. Most DM's I know complain that it involves too much math.

LOL

Remove ads