Discussion PHB3 Hybrid Characters

fireinthedust

Explorer
Skill Lists: Meh, backgrounds already muddy the waters. Atheletics is a good skill, and Perception for sure. Thievery could come in handy, and Stealth, and for my money Diplomacy. Other skills are there for exposition purposes. More skills in general is my thinking of 4e progress.

Stances: I've never figured out what a stance is. what is a stance? Ditto that paladin Divine Sanction, or something. I never have my books when I think about this stuff.

AC/Damage: yeah, but mostly only for a few options out there.

Hybrid Multiclassing?: I have a sorcerer I'm going to rogue-ify. If he was Hybrid, I'd maybe Ranger him up a bit, I dunno. Same problem as Hybrids, with MAD, and spreading oneself out even thinner this way. Would we allow it?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Stances are powers, that have affects on your statistics, as long as you're in a stance. Most stances last till the end of the encounter or until you select another stance.

CaBaNa

First Post
Skill Lists: Meh, backgrounds already muddy the waters. Atheletics is a good skill, and Perception for sure. Thievery could come in handy, and Stealth, and for my money Diplomacy. Other skills are there for exposition purposes. More skills in general is my thinking of 4e progress.

Stances: I've never figured out what a stance is. what is a stance? Ditto that paladin Divine Sanction, or something. I never have my books when I think about this stuff.

AC/Damage: yeah, but mostly only for a few options out there.

Hybrid Multiclassing?: I have a sorcerer I'm going to rogue-ify. If he was Hybrid, I'd maybe Ranger him up a bit, I dunno. Same problem as Hybrids, with MAD, and spreading oneself out even thinner this way. Would we allow it?
I don't see why a Hybrid couldn't multi-class, or even do a weapon training, and multi-class. if someone feels they are skilled enough to build an effective character using all these options, have at.

Leaning toward not telling someone their character may be in effective. I agree that adding Hybrid at your own risk, may be useful. However, it probably isn't a need.

Remove ads