Disposable simulacrum (Pathfinder rules)

Skooma

First Post
Hi everyone,

Please forgive me in advance if the answer to my questions are easily findable. I performed a search and did not find anything about it. Here is my problem : I have troubles with the understanding of the "disposable simulacrum" theme feat in Pathfinder version.

Here are a lot of example questions. I would be glad if some of you could help me with these :

- The contraption has a speed of 20 ft. But only moves if you direct it : which type of action do I need for directing it, a standard one?
- By which means do you command your contraption? Do you need to talk? Is it telepathic?
- If there is no telepathic link, can the contraption attack something that you do not see but that itself clearly sees (for example : attack the ennemy which stands behind that wall)? Without malus or as if blinded because it acts as if it were you?
- Can the contraption cast a spell with target "self", for example mage armor?
- What happens if the contraption casts "cat's grace" on itself? Does it use your dexterity bonus + the bonus provided by the spell or is it useless because it will only use your stats anyways?

As you already noticed, I am not a native speaker, I hope my questions are clear enough. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Directing it is a free action, and it's a sort of telepathic link. You don't share senses, but you can tell it to move a particular way, and it moves that way on its turn. (I'd personally just have it act during your turn, concurrently with your actions, but I know that isn't exactly how Pathfinder works.)

Sure, it could cast mage armor or cat's grace on itself, but since you only program one action into it when you activate it, all you're really doing is making a hard-to-hit decoy. I suppose you could have it run through combat to distract people.

Skooma

First Post
..., but since you only program one action into it when you activate it,...

Oh... That's what I was misunderstanding! I was having it all wrong! I tought that for each one of your turn, you could choose a simple task (perhaps diferent each time) and have the contraption perform it by paying your standard action.

Ok, in fact you only choose a single action for your contraption...It is much more logical now that you made it clear. Thank you.

Remove ads